• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Damn Fireworks 😡 Dara & JJ Gut Stasis. U/D Both Now Better :-)

InspectorMorse

Wise Old Thumper
Both TERRIFIED by the super loud fireworks that have been going off non stop since about 7pm 😡 ☹️

Why are Fireworks legal, I HATE THEM 😡

😢

Last edited:
Sending lots of calming vibes. It's going to be a long weekend....but hopefully won't run into next weekend as well.

There are a few petitions ongoing to get fireworks banned, at least outside of public events. The Govt don't seem bothered, though
:mad:

The fireworks are still going off, it’s 0030hrs FFS 😡
if it were not for the fact that Roisin is deaf I don’t doubt she’d be terrified too

Both Dara and JJ are on treatment for gut stasis. Of course having to keep handling Rabbits who are already stressed and terrified is the perfect storm 😩😩

Dara has some gut sounds now, is nibbling hay and has just passed a few tiny poops. JJ is still not at all well 😢

I am sick to death of fireworks 🤬

Just seen this. I hope the noise has stopped by now and that J.J. is doing better. Vibes for him and Dara and hugs for you. xxxxx

Sending lots of vibes for Dara and JJ.
IDK why fireworks are allowed in populated areas outside of professionally managed shows.
I hope they will subside soon.

Thanks everyone

The VERY loud fireworks didn’t stop til about 2am, which is actually illegal in my Borough. Since then Dara has improved a lot, but due to his chronic GI tract issues JJ is still very poorly. No input or output, no gut sounds. BG 12, stress playing a part in causing any rise so 12 isn’t a reason to panic….yet. He’s taking Emeraid feeds well. The stasis is 100% due to fear. Not something he’s eaten etc.

I am going to leave him be for a few hours now. As all the handling is stressing him out as much as the loud fireworks.

Will be speaking with our Vet again later this morning

Goodness knows what will happen if there are more fireworks tonight 😩 I am so stressed too,made worse because a new abx I started yesterday has had a dreadful affect on my stomach and at the moment I can’t even keep water down 🤢🤢😢😢

Sending more vibes fo
Thanks everyone

The VERY loud fireworks didn’t stop til about 2am, which is actually illegal in my Borough. Since then Dara has improved a lot, but due to his chronic GI tract issues JJ is still very poorly. No input or output, no gut sounds. BG 12, stress playing a part in causing any rise so 12 isn’t a reason to panic….yet. He’s taking Emeraid feeds well. The stasis is 100% due to fear. Not something he’s eaten etc.

I am going to leave him be for a few hours now. As all the handling is stressing him out as much as the loud fireworks.

Will be speaking with our Vet again later this morning

Goodness knows what will happen if there are more fireworks tonight 😩 I am so stressed too,made worse because a new abx I started yesterday has had a dreadful affect on my stomach and at the moment I can’t even keep water down 🤢🤢😢

Sending more vibes for JJ and Dara. I am sorry your new abx is upsetting your GI system too. It must be awful to be that sensitive to meds. Sending gentle hugs and love, Terry

I'm glad that Dara has improved. Sending lots more vibes for J-J. I hope you managed to get some rest too.

Poor bunnies, really wish they'd just ban fireworks altogether. I'm dreading this evening, I live very close to a castle, and they have a big fireworks display tonight. Last year was awful, we never got them where I lived in Scotland, so George was petrified having never heard them before. Hope you and bunnies feel better soon xx

Continuing vibes for peace and calm at yours with bunny improvement. I'm sorry to hear you've got new medicine worries. Goodness, it's six of one and half a dozen of the other, isn't it? Sending feel better vibes your way, forthwith. xxxxx

Thanks again folks. JJ is doing a bit better now. He has passed a few tiny poops and he’s eating a bit of hay and dried forage. He’s had a good drink of water too. In himself he’s still very on edge. Every time I stand up I can see the expression on his face say ‘please don’t pick me up again’☹️ I won’t be doing so for another couple of hours, when his next doses of meds are due.

Dara is just about back to normal, but she‘s worried about JJ. She keeps going to check on him.

At least I am not being sick any more.

Good news all around. Continuing the calming and healing vibes for you all. How's Morse doggo doing? xxxxx

Just seen this, hope all of you have a better night tonight xxxx I count myself so lucky every year to not only live in an area of few fireworks, but to also have animals that are able to cope (or are deaf and oblivious). I never take it for granted.

I didn't like fireworks even as a child, but after I got a rabbit, I hated them twice as much. It is a terrible threat not only to our rabbits, but also to nature, and it disrupts the balance of all nature and animals. This primitiveness should be banned now.

Back