• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

chocolate coloured rabbits

I think Dreamer is the most stunning bunny I have ever and will ever see - he's just breathtaking :love::love:

My first rabbit was a chocolate, I didn't realise how rare the colour was at the time I got her. She was absolutely gorgeous and totally bowled me over when I first met her. :love::love::love:

I don't have any really good photos of her as I didn't 'do photos' at the time (didn't really think about wanting pictures for memories)

Here's an early one that shows her colour best. I've read somewhere that chocolates should be even in colour, she wasn't she was darker on her head, ears and legs but I thought she looked stunning with her variations in colour.

PICT2009.jpg

Last edited:
I think Dreamer is the most stunning bunny I have ever and will ever see - he's just breathtaking :love::love:

My first rabbit was a chocolate, I didn't realise how rare the colour was at the time I got her. She was absolutely gorgeous and totally bowled me over when I first met her. :love::love::love:

I don't have any really good photos of her as I didn't 'do photos' at the time (didn't really think about wanting pictures for memories)

Here's an early one that shows her colour best. I've read somewhere that chocolates should be even in colour, she wasn't she was darker on her head, ears and legs but I thought she looked stunning with her variations in colour.

PICT2009.jpg

I think that colour is called a siamese sable. Very beautiful colour:love:

I think that colour is called a siamese sable. Very beautiful colour

I was going to say Sable. It should be a deep chocolte colour with darker extreams. A siamese sable will normally turn slightly lighter across the body during a moult.

I was going to say Sable. It should be a deep chocolte colour with darker extreams. A siamese sable will normally turn slightly lighter across the body during a moult.

Ah that's all interesting. I never took a lot of notice. The people I got her off (garden centre :oops:) had her listed as chocolate and I never questioned it further. As they were rabbit breeders I assumed that she was for sale as she was not good enough colouring to show or something.. or it could have been her misaligned incisors that caused her no end of bother, so decided not to breed her (like that would matter, but that's a different story :evil:). Whatever I'm so glad we found each other :love:

PICT2009.jpg

My Missy is that colour:love: Isn't that siamese sable?:oops:

Could well be, I think we are taking bets at the moment :lol:

:lol::lol: She's stunning. My Missy is a minilop:D She's been sulking cos they've been quarantined (I have a myxi-bun that they shared a room with) but they have been re-vacs again now, so I may dare let them play out again. Possibly. If there's no insects around.:?

:lol::lol: She's stunning. My Missy is a minilop:D She's been sulking cos they've been quarantined (I have a myxi-bun that they shared a room with) but they have been re-vacs again now, so I may dare let them play out again. Possibly. If there's no insects around.:?

:love::love:We need pictures :D

Back