• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cheekys gone

Gina, im so sorry for your loss i can not imagine how huge a loss cheeky must be. i for one will always have a little place in my heart for cheeky bun and for you Gina. he was such a special bunny and everyone loved him so much. You did everything you could and more, it was his time to leave us. he will be very much missed but still loved by all. Binky free Mushy Pea Nose XXXXX :cry:

I am so very sorry to hear little Cheeky bun has gone. What a character he was and he will be missed by all on the Forum. What a tough descision for you to make but it was the kindest one for Cheeky. I am sure he will tell all the spirit buns what a kind and lovely mum he had.

Binky free wee Cheeky bun.

omg im so sorry to hear about ur little man
awwwwwww he was such a lovley and i was so shocked when i read the post i feel so sad but now he can run free without any pain for misary
u did the best u could we could all see this
becky

Gina-
Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry. Your little boy fought and fought to keep you happy as long as he could, and you fought for him too. We are here for you, just remember that.
Rest in Pease Cheeky...you are loved and missed.
<<<hugs>>>

I am so sorry for you Gina all of us felt so close to you and him over the last few months and I am so very sad for you.

Treasure the happy times and try not to dewell on the sad times because with a mummy like you I am sure he didn't have any sad times!

I am sure he is right now up to his cute little head in mushy peas at an all-you-can eat pea buffet!

Caz

so very sorry Gina :( my heart feels for you, its never easy to make this decision, it is the last act of love that we can do for our beloved furries who are unable to pass over by themselves :( . I know the pain and emptiness is hard to bear at the moment but you will be able to look back with fondest memories one day and smile at all the joy that Cheeky bun brought into your life :)

My thoughts are with you.

run free little Cheeky bun xxx

Caz said:
I am sure he is right now up to his cute little head in mushy peas at an all-you-can eat pea buffet!

Caz

I was thinking the same when I heard the news. I'll never think of mushy peas without associating it with Cheeky. He looked to be such a wee character Gina, Im sure it fells just unbelievably awful just now, but he'd fought good and hard for you. Like everyone says just keep thinking of the good times. Take care,

I'm so sorry to hear this :cry: :cry: :cry:
I know you must feel dreadful, but you gave him all the help available and he had a good life with you.

I'm so sorry to hear about your little Cheeky bun :cry:, he was so cute!

Sending you a big hug.

Oh Gina :cry: I am so sorry to hear this... you must be absolutley devastated, please remember you did everything you could for him to give him the best possible life xx

I bet he is in mushy pea heaven and watching down on you xxx

~Binky free cheeky bun ~

thanks eveyone ,. i,ve been up since 7am after only going to bed at 3am . i seemed to have cried none stop since last night and even now the tears won,t stop falling ,. I feel so guilty , i was given the option by the vet to try more but we were just delaying the inevitable . What if i was wrong tho - what if he was just having a few off days ?? i feel i,ve made a huge mistake .
i,d do anything to go back to last night and hold him again . this pain is unbearable , i don,t think it will ever leave me .

oh no Gina, you did the best for him, asking the "what if's" will only be putting yourself through more pain, and you know in your heart you made the right choice... otherwise you wouldn't have made that decision. We all know how much you loved Cheeky and knowing that, I for sure know that you made the right choice. You didn't want to put Cheeky through any more pain, and that was the right thing.

He knows how much you love him xx

gina, so sorry to hear about cheeky, he looked like an adorable bunny and obviously had a wonderful life with you. you'll have some hard days and weeks, even months ahead but the memories of your time together will always stay with you. you did everything you could for him and he knows that, sending hugs to you

Oh Gina Gal - sending you a big big hug - I'm so sorry to hear about little mushy pea Cheeky boy - like everyone here this little boy stole everyones heart and will always be a special bunny in our hearts.

Everyone who has ever been through loss on here will know exactly how your feeling right now and the thoughts you have about making a mistake is all a natural part of grieving for the loss of your wee boy. You had such a special close bond with little Cheeky boy I've gotta say it will probably take a good wee while for you to start to feel better in yourself and gradually the tears will fade and you'll feel a little ray of sunshine to make you smile again and remember Cheeky and all his funny little ways which made us all love him so very much.

Our thoughts and hugs surround you right now gal - were all here for you.

Sending soft nuzzle kisses to Cheeky now grazing in the warm sunshine with all our much love and much missed spirit bunnies - nite nite - little fella.X

Gina, I am so deeply sorry to hear about Cheeky, Ive just got this thread. You did so much for that little bunny, more than most would and you have to remember that he had such a wonderful life with you - you did everything and more for him. He proved he was a little fighter months ago, and he is now free from pain and binkying around at the rainbow bridge feeling like a baby bunny again.

Take care, binky free Cheeky. xxx

Oh Gina, what you did for Cheeky was the kindest, least selfish thing you could have done, you did it for him. You have both fought so very hard over the last few months and this was the news that we were all dreading but we knew it would come. As you say, you would only have been delaying the inevitable and through that Cheeky would have suffered, old Mushy-Pea had had enough. I know that when I had to make the decision with Harriet that January Friday, Jason my vet said that we could keep her going over the weekend with painkillers but I knew that she had been too loyal and good a friend to do that to her just for me and Jason said that to let her go sooner rather than later was the kindest thing to do. It is very hard but you have been brave enough to do this one last thing for your boy, nobody on earth could have done more.

There are some wonderful messages on here, I have read them with tears pouring down my cheeks. I think Cheeky was, more than any other bunny, a part of this forum and everyone will miss him. Perhaps he should be our forum mascot - he will never ever be forgotten, he lives on in all our hearts.

I am sure that we all feel there is a cloud over us today, I certainly do, I keep thinking about you and little Cheeky, I even woke up in the night thinking about him! You are not alone, you have all of us here and all our support for having been such a wonderful "guardian" on earth for Cheeky. Big hugs to you, Gina.

gina im sooo sooo sooo sorry to hear about cheeky!

i think you done the right thing- if cheeky was having a few off days then the vet wouldnt of let you put him down, things will feel better for you soon!
hugs and kisses xxx
amyxx

thanks everyone . i just walked into his room and all his stuff has gone . I just sat on the floor and cried . baby cheekybun , mummy loves you so much , you were my baby , my life , i don,t want to be without you . I feel helpless .

I am so sorry to hear about Cheekybun, but he will always love you for the way you loved him and cared for him but most of all for taking away his pain.
At this time what anybody says about it will get easier in time doesn't feel like it will but it does, I lost my favourite bun last year Thumper and I look back now and he always brings a smile to my face at the joy and love we shared. You did the right thing for Cheeky and that makes you the best mum he could have ever had.
Take care and loads of hugs
Kay

Back