• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Caramel - Healing Vibes Please u/d vid

sending vibes:bunny:

i know exactly what you mean about the breathing, it's the same with my jessie. it's distressing because it's noisy.

her heart beat and 'visual' breathing, if that makes sense, is more noticeable??

:lol: I managed to syringe the flagyl in tonight, but think I'll do the morning Baytril on one of those mini shreddies. She'll almost turn cartwheels for those!:D

aww major vibes ur way no how ur feeling...chelsea is ill with nodular myxi too at the moment (thank god she had been vaccs) she is still eating and drinkin and hopping tho yesterday we think was the peak as she was sad and sat around looking sorry for herself she is a lot brighter in herself today and her eye is looking better(she had one nodule in ther and it was weepy) her nose is swollen and one nodule but is not making her breathing funny luckily... one big one on her neck and a few lumps on her genitals but she is getting better...haha..i like the baytril in the apple may try that one..we had some cabbage we put chelseas on and wrapped it like a parcel that she took but mostly syringing.

Awww, Get better quickly Missus!! You're worrying your poor Mum sick. Charlotte, if she can get better from love alone...She'll make 110% recovery doll ;) Xx

A bit brighter this morning I think! Still munching away as though food might go out of supply soon! That and pooping is always a sight I am pleased to see. She is now re arranging her towel and is very cross with it! :lol:

Sending tons of vibes for Caramel, she is doing so well fighting the myxi she is gorgeous and obviously loved her apple.
Eating and pooping are always good signs.

Any tips on how to get these wretched eye drops in with the least amount of drama? :wave:
I'm absolutely hopeless with the syringing, but can do eyedrops..perhaps we should join forces!!!:lol: I find the easy way is to put her on a table and place her so that her rear end is tight against your middle. Lean right over her and cover her face with one hand, leaving the eye to be treated visible Then with the hand that's covering her face gentle open the eye and drop the stuff in.

Cheers! Caramel is the worst patient.... she won't have a syringe so I have to sneakily disguise the Baytril in an apple... you can see the cut out section in the vid.. Let is soak in for a bit and then serve!

lol. We resorted to putting the antibiotics in shreddies this morning!!:lol: Leanne's on her way over with Gordon, so I'll shove the syringes into her hands as soon as she gets through the door!!

She is very quiet at the minute... I am really going insane with worry... she has just sat on her towel all day... Her ears feel a little warm too. She is eating and drinking though... and poopig. I just don't get it, she was doing so well, why the relapse?

Aw thankyou so much for asking.. you know I think she is a little. She has come out of her cage to sit on her rug now and has had cuddles and a scratch from me. She has had all her meds today too and is eating well. Her breathing is still noisy but I really think that it is the nodule itself. Its massive and sitting right on the corner of her nose as you can probably see from vid.

Oh that's good you think she's picked up a little. You must be worried sick :(

She's a lovely bunny and was loving her apple in the vid! :D

Hope she continues to improve x

Thanks ever so much Rosie-rabbit.... she sends a bunny kiss... she is laid on her rug now.. all I can hear is that wretched nose whistling... Poor girl. Think I am more bothered about it than she is x

Back