• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can Julie please have some thoughts and vibes

Thank you everyone for all the vibes. I am starting to panic a bit now though.
Julie doesn't act like she is in pain at all but then she is on Metacam and some other alternative stuff for the pain of Arthritis. She actually has been crazy active lately. She has been binking like mad and trying to sneak into the garage to play.
Her vet thinks that all that she takes has kicked it and she feels great.
She has slowed down on her hay consumption and has gone totally gone mad acting /starving so is eating more pellet mush,greens and oats to keep her eating. She acts all happy and crazy about her hay when I give her fresh but then only takes a few bites.
She was eating her hay soaking in water but has recently gone totally off it so I lightly steam the hay now.
Her poos look aweful and she is drooling like crazy. She was eating too fast and choking on her hay and pellets so has to eat both soaked in water anyways. She has been like that since her last dental. The vet has run numerous test but has found nothing wrong other than her gobbling.
( Showed the vet videos of her eating) and her teeth. She says that the angle of her teeth doesn't allow her to chew the food as small as before and because she hasn't slowed down eating she chokes.
I still have it in the back of my mind that she might have something else wrong so am having the vet examine her again before the dental just in case something pops up. I really do know that the vet is probably right about the teeth and the way she gobbles though. Julie certainly does eat fast and binking and runs around looking for more food while still chewing food.
So sorry for all the rambling. I am just scared. Someone reassure me please.

Has she had any xrays done?

I hope she will be ok. I think you are doing the best thing for her and if you don't get a dental done she will only get worse. Fiver was the same last night, binkying and playing as if nothing was wrong but occasionally stops and looks in pain :( I think getting her dental done now will be better than waiting until she is poorly. xx

Have to leave in about 45 minutes. I had a dream that we took her and Julie could change and kept changing into different colored cats. We brought Julie into see the vet and Julie turned herself into a blue cat with yellow flowers and she refused to look at her. She didn't believe that it was Julie

Thank you all for all the vibes and good thoughts.
I am so relieved.
She came right out of the anesthesia and is eating some. The vet used a different anesthesia ,one that they come out of instantly. She skipped the pre anesthesia and just gave her a shot of something when we arrived before examining her to help keep her blood pressure and heart rate regulated during the anesthesia.
One side was worse than before. She had a dent in her cheek from a spur poking her. The other side was better than before. This time the spurs were only resting on her tongue not jabbing into it like before. The one going to her cheek had actually curved and dented her check but she didn't have an abscess yet.
The vet also fixed her front teeth a little as they shifted more. She didn't do anything to her front teeth before.
The vet said to feed her pellets mushed and hay steamed for a day or two more then try dry and see if she chokes.
They brought her to me right after the dental wide awake. Julie hopped around the waiting room right away.
She grabbed a piece of hay the minute she got into the car and into her cave. She hasn't eaten any hay since being home but is eating greens,oats and pumpkin with pellets in it.
She will not stop flapping her ears though.
She flapped her ears in the nurses face when he brought her out to me. They did clean her ears. They had a lot of wax. The vet said because she isn't cleaning them herself she thinks because of the arthritis in her back feet. Julie had arthritis in her hips and now also in her knees.
Julie has lost more weight but the vet thinks that she should put it back on once she picks up on hay again. If she doesn't gain it back then she will do a metabolic test. What do you think about her still flapping her ears?

Back