• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can Grimlock have some vibes please? UD/ post 97 - humpy!

Isn't there something that smells strong but safe which is always around him so it keeps his nostrils open/clear.

Like vicks :)

Or am I being dumb :oops:

No you're not being dumb. :) Vicks is actually something I could use, but with all his other problems his nose and eyes and everything are very inflamed so the vicks might irritate him more than help him. He has antibiotics and eye drops that keep him from blocking up, but I finished the course and then he started to get blocked again. So now I know he will have to be on them long term if not for the rest of his life.

This may sounds dumb too, but if vicks would irrate, what about steam ?

Although you couldn't put a bowl of hot water near him, incase he spilt it.

This may sounds dumb too, but if vicks would irrate, what about steam ?

Although you couldn't put a bowl of hot water near him, incase he spilt it.

I've been speaking to my vet about nebulising him again actually. At first she wasn't too keen on doing it with the antibiotics but we're thinking about doing it just with water/steam. The only problem is stress. I just don't know how he would react to being in a box. My friend suggested putting him in his carry case in a box as he's used to being in there. Maybe I could even let Smoo go with him. Does anyone know if that would be okay? If it was just water?

I've been speaking to my vet about nebulising him again actually. At first she wasn't too keen on doing it with the antibiotics but we're thinking about doing it just with water/steam. The only problem is stress. I just don't know how he would react to being in a box. My friend suggested putting him in his carry case in a box as he's used to being in there. Maybe I could even let Smoo go with him. Does anyone know if that would be okay? If it was just water?

Yes it would be fine if it's just water or saline. I prefer the plain nebuliser rather than ABx anyway. They only need the "steam" = fine water droplet part!

He's eating! He came in for food and finished off the bowl of food from this morning at about 8.30pm and now he's in again eating more pellets! He begged me for bread but I decided to go to the toilet first and I thought if he's not eating when I come down I'll get him some bread but he was. :mrgreen:

I am so happy right now. If he finishes this bowl then that's two in a day. He usually has three but in the last few days has hardly been finishing one. I really hope he's on the mend. He's been sitting on top of the hutch with Smoo too. :love:

He's eating! He came in for food and finished off the bowl of food from this morning at about 8.30pm and now he's in again eating more pellets! He begged me for bread but I decided to go to the toilet first and I thought if he's not eating when I come down I'll get him some bread but he was. :mrgreen:

I am so happy right now. If he finishes this bowl then that's two in a day. He usually has three but in the last few days has hardly been finishing one. I really hope he's on the mend. He's been sitting on top of the hutch with Smoo too. :love:

Good boyyyyyyy Grimlock :love:! Smoo is doing her best to console her husbun, ofc. Being a good Grimnsmoo :love:

Good boyyyyyyy Grimlock :love:! Smoo is doing her best to console her husbun, ofc. Being a good Grimnsmoo :love:

She looks after him so well. Always cleans him. (Occasionally humps him...but mostly cleans him.) It's just so cute sometimes I think I'm going to explode from cuteness.

He's currently in the kitchen and I hope he's eating. I will check back in a few minutes. :)

He's eaten the bread with the Baytril on it but left the pellets. I'm not too worried right now as he doesn't usually eat much in the morning/early afternoon. It's important that the gets the antibiotics into his system. The bad news is that his nose plug has come back. I don't know whether I should get it off as it stresses his out so much. :? But obviously it's going to be uncomfortable. His eyes are still really runny but they don't smell nearly as bad so I'm hoping we're getting the infection under control. I think that as they're so blocked the eye drops can't help with his nose getting blocked with the plugs.

Thank you so much to everyone who's asked after him and posted on this thread. It means a lot to me. :)

He's eaten the bread with the Baytril on it but left the pellets. I'm not too worried right now as he doesn't usually eat much in the morning/early afternoon. It's important that the gets the antibiotics into his system. The bad news is that his nose plug has come back. I don't know whether I should get it off as it stresses his out so much. :? But obviously it's going to be uncomfortable. His eyes are still really runny but they don't smell nearly as bad so I'm hoping we're getting the infection under control. I think that as they're so blocked the eye drops can't help with his nose getting blocked with the plugs.

Thank you so much to everyone who's asked after him and posted on this thread. It means a lot to me. :)

Oh poor boy. :( At least he is eating, enjoys life and Smoo.

Its like a human with bad sinuses. My friends dad has had bad sinuses all his life. After all these years he doesn't notice it. But he loves to snort loudly. :lol:

We have had pellets eaten. I'm starting to think he's almost back to 'normal' now. :)

And as soon as I have money I will be getting a nebuliser.

We have had pellets eaten. I'm starting to think he's almost back to 'normal' now. :)

And as soon as I have money I will be getting a nebuliser.

Thats great.

Cutie-pie had her VHD today. 2 months later than planned. She is fine and ran out for a crunchie. Took it under the bed as usual. :roll:

Thats great.

Cutie-pie had her VHD today. 2 months later than planned. She is fine and ran out for a crunchie. Took it under the bed as usual. :roll:

How is Cutie-pie? :)

A Grimmy update - he has the hump/spring fever. :lol:
That's a a good thing right? Not sure Smoo thinks so. :lol:

Cutie-pie is fine. No reaction and nearly seems to be getting used to visits to the vets.

Now I have to say Poor Smoo :lol::lol:

That great news for Grim though.

How is Cutie-pie? :)

A Grimmy update - he has the hump/spring fever. :lol:
That's a a good thing right? Not sure Smoo thinks so. :lol:

Yep I think Grim feels back on form again - just showing whose boss round there. :):lol::lol:
Great news (but maybe not for Smoo :lol:)

dontcha just love it when a poorly bun starts eating everything (even things they shouldn't), getting up to mischief and generally being annoying (ie humping poor attentive nursey bun!!):D

Back