• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can Grimlock have some vibes please? UD/ post 97 - humpy!

He's eaten a bit. :)

I was fearing the worst and hardly slept all night. I wondered whether it was his time so I just left him with Samus as he'd had painkillers etc. I only got about five hours sleep, maybe less as I kept checking him. Then at about 4am he was lying all stretched out with Samus next to him cleaning his eyes, the picture of bliss. I offered him a plate of food this morning at about nine and although it wasn't a lot he ate pretty much all of it. :)

The only thing I can think that caused it was the Bisolvon, so I'm going to ring the vets and ask what they think. I'm not sure why he only wanted to eat raisins. I'll try again with some food at 1 and I'll ask the vets if they think he should have some more painkillers then too.

Thank you so much for all your vibes and for thinking of Grim. :love:

His eye looks like it's exploded with infection! Any thoughts while I run to the shop for cotton wool?

His tear ducts are blocked anyway due to his teeth. He's already on antibiotics and antibiotic eye drops. It's always runny but it was fine about an hour ago and then now there is yellow stuff puring out of it. :shock:

What a couple of days! :(

Still trying to get through to the vets but I have everything I need at home so I'm just about to clean him up with some boiled salt water, waiting for it to cool down now. I just ran to the shop for some more cotton wool and had to pay in 2p raided from the penny jar! They were great about it though.

He's very quiet. Just sitting in his comfy spot in the hutch. But a bit better than yesterday.

He's very quiet. Just sitting in his comfy spot in the hutch. But a bit better than yesterday.

At least it is not worrying him. I don't know much about medical problems, but maybe something has burst and finally decided to come out, which might be a good thing.

Has he had a skull radiograph recently ?

Could he actually have an abscess within the duct now ?

What pain relief is he on ? Just Metacam may not be enough.

Has he had a skull radiograph recently ?

Could he actually have an abscess within the duct now ?

What pain relief is he on ? Just Metacam may not be enough.

Not very recently.
His eye is now completely clear, even before I got to him to clean it he had done it himself. Like something had burst or finally got through a blockage. :?
I cleaned him anyway and put more eye drops in. He's now moved from his comfy spot and looks a lot brighter! :shock:

He's just on Loxicom at the moment which is the same as Metacam. My vet is ringing me back. I think you might be right about him having an abscess in the tear duct. Is abscess puss always white and thick? Because this was yellow and very runny. Or it's possible it was the decongestants working but that it felt very uncomfortable for all that puss to come out of his eye. :?

I'm hoping my vet can advise me over the phone because I don't want to stress him by taking him in.

My concern would be that the core of the infection is sited around a tooth root :?

I expect it is less painful now that the pus is draining.

My concern would be that the core of the infection is sited around a tooth root :?

I expect it is less painful now that the pus is draining.

This was the reason my vet wanted to switch to Baytril when the depocillin stopped having an effect on his nasal discharge. She thought the same thing and that having the antibiotics going in orally might make a difference, which it did!

Thinking about it more and more it does seem like a burst abscess. :?

He's just eaten his bread and painkillers but left the pellets. I'll try him with the pellets again in half an hour to an hour. I'm waiting on my vet to ring me and we'll discuss things from there. Thanks for all your advice, it's really useful and it will give me a lot to discuss with her.

We always agreed on making Grim as comfortable as possible and seeing how things play out.

Just got off the phone to my vet. She said stop the Bisolvon as it sounds like he might have had a reaction to it. She said it's less likely to be a burst abscess in the tear duct as we would have seen swelling before hand. She said it would be unusual not to, but then again Grim is an unusual little rabbit. (Bless) so we're not ruling it out. She said continue with the antibiotics and painkillers etc for now and see how he is. So I guess it's just fingers crossed. Hopefully the uncomfortableness has passed.

Back