• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can Cherry have some vibes please? UD p43

Get well soon Cherry, and good luck Sarah! That is a lot of syringe feeding!

I once fostered a piggy that needed a medication dissolved in 10mls of water before syringe feeding, plus she wasn't eating so needed critical care syringe feeding as well :shock: I seemed to spend all day sat with a piggy and a syringe the poor mite!

:shock: that's pretty much what I'm doing. What with one med once a day, a second twice a day and a third three times a day plus the syringe feeding which is much more fun to spit out apparently :roll:

I just finished cleaning their hutch and put hay down as bedding seeing as I got a bale at the weekends and she's nomming away at it :D :love:

Sending lots of vibes for little Cherry, hope she is a good girl and takes all her feeds and medicine! Xx

Cherry has had her second round of syringe feeding and she's now sulking in a corner. She had great fun letting the food ooze out the other side of her mouth and now my towel is back in the wash. I wouldn't stand a chance of I didn't turn her into a bunny burrito!

Glad that she's started munching on hay. I hope she continues to improve and is back to her normal self very soon.

Good luck with the meds and syringe feeding. xx

Third round of syringe feeding and three lots of meds later. I roped OH in to help restrain the burrito :lol: she must be feeling better as its getting harder to stop her fighting me. She has nibbled on a few pellets at dinner time but definitely not her normal self. But at least she is nibbling a little bit :thumb:

Kind of late to this thread but wanted to include some nomming and pooping vibes for Cherry :) xxxx
Gotta love bunny wrangling! :roll: I've never been able to perfect the burrito, I always need an extra pair of hands to distract bunnehs from wanting to rearrange my face with their feet. :(

Cherry had a fenugreek crunchie for breakfast this morning but ignored the basil. I've given her her meds without too much trouble, now I have the wonderful task of syringe feeding the recovery food. All by myself. OH is at work. She's feeling much livelier this morning, after the meds she climbed over my shoulder to sit on my back!

Fortunately she ate most of the recovery food without too much ending up on me or the towel :lol: as soon as she's better she's having her claws trimmed though! My hands are turning into ribbons!

She sounds like a little rascal :love: So glad that she is continuing to improve. You are doing a great job. :thumb:

So I didn't get chance to update any further yesterday. Cherry went back to the vets yesterday afternoon and a different vet saw her & advised she had a dental due to some sharp Spurs on her left side. So she was admitted there & then & I was able to collect her last night. She had a nibble of some pellets for tea when she got home, but not back to normal yet.

It was parsley for breakfast; again she had a little bit before going back to her corner. We're to continue with the cisapride 2x daily & Zantac 3x daily. Metacam has been upped to 2x daily. I am still syringe feeding her, but not as often to try and encourage her to eat by herself.

I find it very ironic that at home she climbs all over me, trying to get away, but at the vets, they can't prise her off me! She just keeps jumping on me like she's saying "mummy! Save me! Save me!" :love: the vet said "she loves you!" To which I replied, "only when she's here!" :lol:

Back