• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies with the 'X Factor'

Why did you get your last rabbit?

• I only wanted that specific rabbit

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • I would have got another rabbit regardless

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • I only wanted that specific breed but didnt worry about the individual

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
I hadn't thought about getting another rabbit, but I was in the garden centre one day and saw 2 baby giants. I know it's not good to buy from pet shops but I have adopted 5 from rescue so I'm excusing myself. My boyfriend said I could have one if I was sure I'd be able to look after it with 6 other rabbits.
Melanie just looked so laid back and lovely (and there were children looking at her so I thought I'd buy her before they got chance! :oops: )

The same happened with my little lionhead Prince - I went to buy rabbit food and spotted him. I picked him up and refused to let go!!

Michelle was spotted at Bunnycamp open day. I spoke to Sonya who owns the rescue after the open day and she said Michelle was the only one they hadn't homed. Since I'd spent the entire open day cooing over her I thought I'd better have her!!

Ted and Zinzan were spotted when I adopted Oliver and I just told Sonya to reserve them too!

Oliver was adopted as a friend for Wallace when Leon died. Wallace was a friend for Leon. Leon had pretty much the same story as Prince.

I'm too impulsive!! 6 out of the 8 rabbits I've had were spur of the moment decisions!! :oops:

I have never wanted a particular breed, although I love dutchies.

When I started looking for buns, I fell in love with a Gus as soon as I saw him on Rabbit Rehome, he was the first bun I enquired about and obviously I got him :lol:

Poppy my second was different, I just went to briar patch and took the first lady Gus got along with, which happended to be Poppy, who was quite agressive to people at the time (she's a sweetie now)

I though that was it and I was happy with two...then a "friend" told me about her rabbit, who she didn't want, she'd moved out and left the bun with her parent, poor bun never got out of the tiny hutch and was hardly ever cleaned out :( So I took the bun Sweetpea to Briar Patch rescue, but felt she was my resposibilty so had her bonded with my two..

I much prefer uppy eared buns to lops

Well Theo was my last bunny (now lives with wiggle), I wanted a giant bun, went purposely to freeads in the hope Of finding a breeder (I know, I'm stupid), When I went to collect a rabbit from the brreder all I knew was he was male and black. There was two to chose from, the other one was better looking but I saw how bad theo was, I couldn't leave him there, they may have killed him because he was skinny and ill looking. I know some people thought I was mad taking the one that need care when I could have had the healthier option:?

With Lily it was fate, she came to me from my friend, who had rescued her. so I had no choice in what she was.

I wanted a Lionhead so bad, so again I went to freeads, saw some beautiful babies about half hours drive from me. rang up and there was to left, boy and a girl. I reserved Choci, I didn't know what he was going to look like, because I had seen pictures of his siblings but not him. He was the last one to go in the end but he was also the fluffest. I got just what I wanted and more.

Bunnykins (r.i.p) I saw and fell in love with at our local garden centre, took me 3 weeks to get her as I wanted to be sure.

Mickey and Lucy (r.i.p) were just there in the petshop, the only buns there. so with no choice and know where to go I had them. But they were lovely rabbits, and I was only 7/8 so I didn't know much about breeds anyway.

I think that explains it, I don't think I've missed anybody out:lol:

vikki

My last bun was Nushka, I'd been thinking of getting another girly for Gabriel as Daisy can be unsociable. One outrageously cute pic later from Chloe and she came to stay!! I voted the second option, as I just knew my two were meant to be three....trouble is i now get the feeling they are meant to be 4....:oops: :oops:

PS Chloe, if you have read this I'm not going to open any of your mail attachments!!!! .....yet :roll:

I was fostering Bob when I fell for him..... he's a lop and I've never gone for lops before at all, i'm still not that keen on them and much prefer up ears, but I love Bob, for being Bob, not for what he looks like,. You cant help who you fall in love with.:love:

Since January 2005 I have wanted a white male bun with black eyeliner that I can call Billie-Joe :oops: :oops: And since then I have had an elderly orange, elderly black and tan and now 2 sooty fawns 'cos their X factor just jumped out and bit me on the bum :oops:

:? not sure where Daisy falls into it?? i rescued her frm a life of breeding for a local pet shop where she was kept in a very small tank with all 5 of her kits...:(

I knew I wanted big bunnies this time but was adamant I didn't want a lop.

But at the rescue I fell in love with Millie a lop cross :?
For me it's personality, the cheekier the better but I wouldn't dismiss the shy ones.

Well I saw Piper on RR and she was so pretty so went to Sooz's to look at her. Minstrel was the only single male she had at the time and I thought they'd be cute together. But I would have had any rabbit she had at the time I think.

There were another two at the time that were gorgeous and already bonded but were quite big buns and we didn't have the room :roll:

Helen

My last bunny I adopted (courtesy of Sooz) cos she bit me and I will probably be keeping Apache for now cos he bites too! I do love the cute looking buns, that sit on your lap for hours but I would rather give a bun a home that would struggle otherwise cos I know the others will be snapped up pretty quick.

trouble is i now get the feeling they are meant to be 4....:oops: :oops:

PS Chloe, if you have read this I'm not going to open any of your mail attachments!!!! .....yet :roll:

Hang on - I'm working on my surprised face!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

Hang on - I'm working on my surprised face!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:[/QUOTE said:
What ??? You know my maximum is 4......and its a bit girly dominated just now.......

EDIT .... and YOU can bond them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Well none of the options really! I didn't actively want rabbits, and I didn't even know what they looked like/their personalities when I agreed to have them! :lol:

The last bunny I got I saw looking in a very sorry state in P@H last xmas eve. I had gone in with a friend. To my horror some parents were being harassed by their little darling into getting her for him. I just (without thinking) grabbed the nearest sales assitant and said "I want that rabbit". Couldn't stand the thought of a poorly baby bun being disregarded over xmas by people who clearly knew nothing about buns and were about to crack through the pressure of the holiday season. :? Not the best reason to get a bun, but my heart ruled my head.

Lily has been nothing but trouble bless her, she is so aggressive and difficult. However my friend wanted a home for her bun and donated me her neutured male and they have lived happily ever after since. :lol:

When I went to choose a boyfriend for Buu I didnt have a certain breed in mind, but I did want Beau the second I saw him :D Mostly because he was so thin though :( If he hadnt been available for rehoming I would have adopted another bunny :D

I went to a rescue looking for a girlfriend for Nunzeo, I sort of thought that I didn't really want a REW... But then the man at the rescue put Abbey in the pen with my boy and they fell in love, and I fell in love with her too, and shes a rew and great!

ahhh thats a tough one.... Alvin is my first little bun and when i started looking i personnally wanted a lion head, the o/h liked the look of lops.... me not caring what we got went with a lop..... i dont even know what type he is :oops:

the bun im after at the moment is another lop, but again that was more for keeping the o/h involved than wanting a specific breed..... and even then Alvin might not want her and i can then try the dutch i fell for.. :D.... duuuh as long as i get the call to say i passed the homecheck...

i didnt vote because i think two of the answers could have been my answer...

Tia my nethie was a bit of both - I had an idea I wanted a nethie, but it was her particular story that got me by the heart - I just knew she was my bunny before I even saw her photo. Sadly she died last Christmas :( Tarquin was the same - It was him or nobunny - and I'm relieved it was nobunny really as I think I have my hands kind of full enough :shock:

A bit of the first two.

I'm hoping to adopt in the near future - just waiting for homecheck. Don't know anything much about breeds, but when you look at the rescue sites you just know...

I prefer medium size, smooth coated and up ears but others rave about dwarf, lops, fluffy, giant etc. Good job we all seem to like different ones, otherwise some would never find a home! :D

Back