• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buddies Bunny Rescue to close :(

Buddies posted this today :(

There weren't many bunnies left without a home. All of the groups have homes and there are just two pairs and a few single buns to go to other rescues. Although I am seriously considering whether I can take one of the pairs. Today was very difficult and emotional for everyone, such a sad day. :cry:

how were Nats and Emma?.. It must be utterly heartbreaking for them. They have put such a phenomenal amount of time, effort and money into those little furries,,,

I really feel for them

How awful for a re-homing centre to have to close like that, I hope the bunnies are all okay + safe, it's great most were given a new home and I hope they settle in well to them.. Can't wait to see your photo's of your bundles of fluff you've adopted!!

I don't have the room for another bun, but so wish I could've adopted 1,or 3 :lol:

I will be honest, if I knew there would be bunny boarding facilities to board 4 bunnies during holiday times etc, I may well have taken another 2 on.

Alibunmum on here offers a boarding service which I use with no qualms as her care and bunny knowledge is exemplary but that aside, should Ali be unable to offer this service at some point in the future, its difficult enough to find suitable boarding for 2 let alone 4!

I was going to adopt another bun from them, but had to delay taking him because I thought one of mine had nodular myxi. Turns out it was a scraped nose :oops::oops:. Now I'm too late for Midnight :(. He is gorgeous too. I hope he gets his new home soon.

I was going to adopt another bun from them, but had to delay taking him because I thought one of mine had nodular myxi. Turns out it was a scraped nose :oops::oops:. Now I'm too late for Midnight :(. He is gorgeous too. I hope he gets his new home soon.
Aww Midnight was so soft and cuddly :love: we would have tried him with Elidore if it had not worked with Elsa.

All the bunnies either have good homes lined up or places in good rescues in England. It's such a sad time and so hard for everyone involved.

I appear to be the proud new owner of Apollo and Hermes... I better get myself some very good brushes... :lol:

:shock:

Such a shame, they said yesterday you were having him, but obviously it didn't work out. I'm sure he'll find a great home, he's such a lovely boy. :love:

aaawwwwww, apollo and hermes are gorgeous,,, Yep, i reckon you need a jumbo brush for those two!!!!

Brilliant :love:

All the bunnies either have good homes lined up or places in good rescues in England. It's such a sad time and so hard for everyone involved.

I appear to be the proud new owner of Apollo and Hermes... I better get myself some very good brushes... :lol:

:shock:

They are lovely, I know they would have got a good home whatever, but it seemed a shame to let them go off to another rescue if I could bring them home. I had hoped to bond with my two Rex girls, but it will take time, the girls are so outgoing and the boys are more reserved, so for now I'm going to have them living side by side, or at least I will once Boom goes to his new home. (He's here until mid August) I think I'm probably going to keep the boys clipped shortish to help keep their coats under control. It astounds me that people deliberately breed bunnies like this tbh, it's just not in their best interests, is it?

Back