• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.
All v good points here. I hate seeing breeders with small hutches, but would you personally, if there was a bun you fell in love with, buy from her? Or would you still go to rescues?

I honestly think, I would probably get from her (Please don't blast me for this) because I KNOW she is responsible. :wave:

From personal experience, I know that if you fall in love with an animal, you feel like they are already yours before you have taken them home and it is meant to be. It's easy to judge but when in the situation, it is hard to say no. :?

Yes it's easy to say "I wish I could have that rabbit, it's so cute..." but when you feel like you are leaving one of your own rabbits behind in a shop or with a breeder or even rescue, you sometimes can't refuse, I couldn't. :oops: I brought Jasper home from the pet shop and people can think what they like of me but I don't regret it and anyone who loves a pet will not regret getting them.

I would only rescue now though. :)

I would normally rescue, and I will if I want to get more buns... But, my point is, i know if i fall in love, i fall hard, so it would be hard to let the bun go.

PS: Please, peeps, don't get into an argument :wave:

Agree completely with Jacks-Jane, Grin, Louise & Gus etc :wave:

While she is bringing more baby bunnies into to a world already overpopulated with unwanted rabbits she is irresponsible IMO

From personal experience, I know that if you fall in love with an animal, you feel like they are already yours before you have taken them home and it is meant to be. It's easy to judge but when in the situation, it is hard to say no. :?

Yes it's easy to say "I wish I could have that rabbit, it's so cute..." but when you feel like you are leaving one of your own rabbits behind in a shop or with a breeder or even rescue, you sometimes can't refuse, I couldn't. :oops: I brought Jasper home from the pet shop and people can think what they like of me but I don't regret it and anyone who loves a pet will not regret getting them.

I think that is a bit of a cop out and a excuse to do something you know is not quite right ;)

Although she sounds like shes keeping the rabbits responsibly and breeding them responsibly she isnt being responsible by adding to the numbers of rabbits already around :wave:

I would normally rescue, and I will if I want to get more buns... But, my point is, i know if i fall in love, i fall hard, so it would be hard to let the bun go.

PS: Please, peeps, don't get into an argument :wave:

I'm just expressing an opinion that was asked for i dont want it to get personal or turn into an argument but you asked if we would call it bad breeding and my answer is yes. I stated my reasons previously. :)

I agree with this completely this happened to me with my bun Princess i saw her on freeads (first rabbit ive ever got from freeads) I knew she was coming home with me and her and Misty bonded straight away. I think thats the only time thats happened with an animal with me though the rest of the time it was selfish impulse buy :oops:

Although she sounds like shes keeping the rabbits responsibly and breeding them responsibly she isnt being responsible by adding to the numbers of rabbits already around :wave:

I think this is where I stand. If you look at the person and her set up only, then it sounds ok, but if you look at the full, wide picture, then its different.

That said, there will always be breeders and so there's no point thinking of life without breeders and there are more responsible breeders amongst them. So might as well be responsible, rather than irresponsible.

I do still wonder why this person does what she does though.

I'm just expressing an opinion that was asked for i dont want it to get personal or turn into an argument but you asked if we would call it bad breeding and my answer is yes. I stated my reasons previously. :)

I wasn't pointing a finger at anyone, I just didn't want one to start :wave:

I think that is a bit of a cop out and a excuse to do something you know is not quite right ;)

When I got Jasper I didn't even know about all this breeding stuff etc and he was my bunny and I wasn't going to leave him to go to anyone :? He had already been created so I wasn't going to let him suffer, simple! He wasn't even a baby bun, he was 5 months old and un wanted. At the time, I wasn't even planning on getting another bun so it wasn't "oh I wont get this bun I will rescue instead." It wasn't on my "plan" to get another bunny, I just couldn't leave my little boy behind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back