• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BOBTAILS TO BIRMINGHAM - pretty please with cherry on top

Tamsin said:
Either the 6th or the 7th is fine with me, doesn't make any difference :)

Best wishes,
Tamsin

Will go with the 6th then and will call Delia later.

Sorry to hear about Jasper - I read the bonding diary and he looked and sounded such a character.

Just need a bit of advice here.

I have had a look at bobtails website and have worked out that these lovely ladies (pie and mash) are 7 years old :D

Query: my hutch is just under 4 foot (by about 2 inches) long and is a 2 tiered set up, should I let Pie and Mash just use one level or access to both :?: will they be ok using the stairs :?: I have only ever had a single bun so would'nt know if 2 buns would be colliding with each other on the stairs

I spoke to Bobtails and there are three lovely ladies to choose from! I have to wait til saturday for pictures though. All three are lops, Delia says the dutch bunnies are just about all rehomed now! At least that narrows it down a little ;)

Tam

Once they get home they will just be housed in a bungalow - we couldn't afford another storey :lol: :lol:

I have never had ahutch with stairs so I don't know how tyhey would get on but Kim is almost five and she jumped on the sofa - either that or she got a leg up from Aggie. I had left them alone for a few minutes and when I came back Kim was cosied down on the sofa (dog's bed).

I don't want Pie & Mash to be a worry for you all so just go with the flow and do whatever you think is best.

lol Pam

I will pm you later on with Frank's mobile and work number.

Tamsin said:
I spoke to Bobtails and there are three lovely ladies to choose from! I have to wait til saturday for pictures though. All three are lops, Delia says the dutch bunnies are just about all rehomed now! At least that narrows it down a little ;)

Tam

Only one day to wait then, good news about the dutchy's :D

kimbun's mum said:
Once they get home they will just be housed in a bungalow - we couldn't afford another storey

I'll send the house doctor around to build you an extension :lol: :lol:

I think what everyone is forgetting here, is that rabbits like to dig. Just get them all to dig under the house and voila! Instant bunny basement.

Tams it's all set for me to pick them up from Bobtails at 11 am. on the 6th. Please pm me with details on where to meet in MK and what time etc.

Bertie said:
I think what everyone is forgetting here, is that rabbits like to dig. Just get them all to dig under the house and voila! Instant bunny basement.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think its the ladies that do all the grafting. My bun never dug up the garden, he just hammered the plant pots. Probably because they were easier, typical man :lol: :lol:

In my house Zeus resculpts carboard boxes and does the interior decorating, Athena digs in the litterbox, pet carrier and garden (nearly lost a new tree I had planted when the little madam decided to dig it up)!

I think I read somewhere too that it is the females that dig the burrows!

Boscov may not prove as useful in the garden as you wanted Bertie!

Caz

Denny said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think its the ladies that do all the grafting.
Nope, I've had three boys who LOVE to dig holes all over the garden. Jasper the 7 year old is the ultimate expert. He actually digs so deep, he gets right down inside the holes and kicks out the dirt with his hind legs (usually into Rosie's run :roll: ). He just adores digging and spends hours cleaning himself afterwards. I just let him get on with it, it keeps him fit :lol:

bunnyhuggger said:
Denny said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think its the ladies that do all the grafting.
Nope, I've had three boys who LOVE to dig holes all over the garden. Jasper the 7 year old is the ultimate expert. He actually digs so deep, he gets right down inside the holes and kicks out the dirt with his hind legs (usually into Rosie's run :roll: ). He just adores digging and spends hours cleaning himself afterwards. I just let him get on with it, it keeps him fit :lol:

so there are some hard grafting males out there :D There's nothing like seeing the view of a bun bum digging away to put a smile on your face. When you see how dirty they get just makes you realise what fun they have had :lol: :lol:

Umm, theres Tilly the 2 yr old black lionhead lop, Brownie the 2yr3month agouti lop who likes playing with toys or Maize the 2.5yr old laidback black & white lop. No piccies yet tho :(

How am I meant to choose? I think Tilly might be a little young as Alfie is four in April/May time. He likes his toys morning and evening but likes his nap during the day.....

I did up the hutch/run ready. The other bun(s) will have to make do with the kitchen unless Alfie's yet to be choosen girlfriend falls in love at first site.

Tam

Tamsin said:
Umm, theres Tilly the 2 yr old black lionhead lop, Brownie the 2yr3month agouti lop who likes playing with toys or Maize the 2.5yr old laidback black & white lop. No piccies yet tho :(

How am I meant to choose? I think Tilly might be a little young as Alfie is four in April/May time. He likes his toys morning and evening but likes his nap during the day.....

I did up the hutch/run ready. The other bun(s) will have to make do with the kitchen unless Alfie's yet to be choosen girlfriend falls in love at first site.

Tam

well I would know who to choose either :( I think the easiest answer is to HAVE THEM BOTH :D :thumb:

does age matter then, when pairing 2 buns :?:

Lol, very helpful ;)

Nope age doesn't really matter although an old bun might not appreciate a bouncy youngster. I'd just prefer another bun around Alfie's age so they can grow old together :D

Tam

Tamsin said:
The pictures are meant to be here sooon :D

Tam

i did'nt realise you've got the choice of 3 :shock: girlies for Alfie
You could try eany meany miney mo :lol: but I know that does'nt work :lol:

When do you hope to get pictures :D You've got a bit of pressure here.
I thought Jill was bringing you pie and mash on the 6th, tomorrow :shock: have you got to pick by tomorrow :?:

Yep :D Delie sent me piccies and I've a fav BUT she also asked Christine from Animal Lifeline (just down the road) to send me piccies. I'm talking to her tommorow morning to make the final selection.

Currently I think a gorgeous black helocopter eared lionhead is going to be the one. I'll let you know after 11am tommorow ;)

Tam

Tamsin said:
Yep :D Delie sent me piccies and I've a fav BUT she also asked Christine from Animal Lifeline (just down the road) to send me piccies. I'm talking to her tommorow morning to make the final selection.

Currently I think a gorgeous black helocopter eared lionhead is going to be the one. I'll let you know after 11am tommorow ;)

Tam

I am excited for you now :lol: what a nice ending to the year, bunnies going home for christmas. This little lady is going to have 3 xmas pressy's rolled into 1. Alfie for a hubby, you as her mum and a forever home :D I am glad your happy Tamsin, you deserve it after all this hard work that you have done and are still doing. You'll have to post some more pictures of Alfie :D

I wil pm you my mob No: tomorrow and I think that I may have the services that will be better for your sister to meet at but will discuss it tomorrow.

ps. dont forget pictures asap :D

Back