• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Biscuits Litter Tray Issues - July 29th

Bubbles is a lop..... she lives outdoors though (hence why it's not really causing me a nuisance... I just clear up every time I go out there) so it's not just indoor bunnies.

I'm trying to think back as they used to have a digging box filled with dirt (I removed it when Alfie disolcated his hock and never put it back); it sat unused for ages and then suddenly saw a lot of use. I'm wondering if it would have been around this time last year. :?

Lola is a lop yes. :lol:
SDC13647.jpg

:love::love: :lol: Brilliant picture! :wave:

SWAP! Quick before anyone else wants to swap their naughty lop! :lol::D

:lol: You would have no idea what you were letting yourself in for, so absolutely, 100% yes :D (that's after this morning getting them out- bonded trio of lops- to clip their nails and within a few minutes Autumn was running riot around the living room downstairs (we had started upstairs in my room), Wish had half jumped, half climbed the barrier and had set up camp in the food bad, and as a trio they had created a beautifull bunny swarm).

I just meant they were as good as gold with keeping their litter trays contents in the tray. :lol: (not counting their poo as litter tray contents there either:lol:).

Thats quite an interesting theory, about the time of year i mean.

I wouldnt be able to tell, as this is my first Winter of keeping Biccy.

Biccy is certainly a lop :wave:

:lol: You would have no idea what you were letting yourself in for, so absolutely, 100% yes :D (that's after this morning getting them out- bonded trio of lops- to clip their nails and within a few minutes Autumn was running riot around the living room downstairs (we had started upstairs in my room), Wish had half jumped, half climbed the barrier and had set up camp in the food bad, and as a trio they had created a beautifull bunny swarm).

I just meant they were as good as gold with keeping their litter trays contents in the tray. :lol: (not counting their poo as litter tray contents there either:lol:).

:shock: Ahhhh.... er maybe i'll keep Poppy after all! :D

Hope some of the ideas give you something to work with Graham, don't lose heart :):wave:

:love::love::love:

Santa's going to fill your stocking with coal, Lola, if you don't stop the digging. :lol::lol::lol:

Oh! I'm going to tell her that! Good plan! :lol::thumb:

Doubt it would work. Me and the O/H tell her no and do stop her when it get continuous. Lola has selective hearing though, she looks at us, then turns back around and continues. :oops:

Right.

In a fashion, they both now have their 4x4 base, connected via a mish mash of pen panels to my hallway, which is 14x3.

The hallway is lino and we've talked about it before, but i dont have any rugs/towels to put down right now, but im just going to see how they get on for a little while to see if they will use the new area.

That gives them 54sq ft approximately, compared to approx 35 ish.

If they get on okay i'll do this every day and see if it helps :)

I hate the connection from the pen to the hallway, its a mess, but i can fashion something better another day if it works :)

Thank you to everyone who has posted here and tried to help me, its really appreciated.

Mischa used to do it but isn't this year. Since he moved out of the enclosure and into my room free-ranging not a dig in sight. He is also a lop. And as to light levels, my room gets less light than the room he was in previous.

Gemma used to dig her litter tray a lot when I used an underbed storage box. Since I've changed it for a corner tray and put a lot less litter in it, she hasn't been anywhere near as bad. I have noticed over the last few days she has started up again but the mess stays mostly in the dog crate (their base) rather than going in the kitchen as the tray is so much smaller.

They do have a covered litter tray with hay in it to dig in but the cats like to sleep in there:(

Gemma is a lop, too. Her husbun, George, an uppy eared bun never digs the tray.

Tell you what I have noticed. When I stinge on the hay layer they do sometimes dig a little in the megazorb underneath so I always make sure I have quite a thick layer which they then nose and forage through. Also as our hay is baled hay now (wasn't previous back when he dug) there seems to be a wide variety of different grasses and bits in there so they nose through it finding their favourite bits.

sorry if its already be asked but its a loooong thread lol

how big is the litter tray? and what do you use in it?

Pearl used to dig out the megazorb in an ordinary sized cat litter tray, i got rid of the megazorb she stopped digging but then used to throw the tray around and even too it upside down :evil:

i now use an underbed storage box with just newspaper and a thick layer of hay.... no probs at all with digging out or it being tipped over :D

Holly is more minging anyhows... she still leaves me little prezzies of uneaten special poops squished into the floor daily :mrgreen:

yes she is YUK YUK YUK.. she thinks i look ill and need some goodness i reakon lololol

i now leave them to dry out, squidy poop in the morning is not good :lol:

Ew I bet, do they smell or are they ok smell wise :p Mini's always STINK if she doesn't eat them.

Back