• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binkys spay - U/D - incision photo

What time do I give her metacam? She had pain relief yesterday at the vets and I picked her up at 4pm so do I wait until then or do I just do it now?
I don't want to double up on any medicines thought:lol:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Regarding the Metacam, I think they normally give a 24 hr shot, so maybe wait until lunch time before giving her some more? If she is nibbling this is a good sign. Sometimes they won't touch anything :cry: Also she was spayed at a very good Vets so there should be no problem.

What time do I give her metacam? She had pain relief yesterday at the vets and I picked her up at 4pm so do I wait until then or do I just do it now?
I don't want to double up on any medicines thought:lol:

Don't know if this helps but Jo who was helping me with Milo recently told me its every 12 hours that they need the Metacam, so I'm thinking whatever time she had some at the vets, she's safe to have more 12 hours after that. That's just what I was doing with Milo though, he was getting it once at 8am and once at 8pm x

Don't know if this helps but Jo who was helping me with Milo recently told me its every 12 hours that they need the Metacam, so I'm thinking whatever time she had some at the vets, she's safe to have more 12 hours after that. That's just what I was doing with Milo though, he was getting it once at 8am and once at 8pm x

Thankyou, I'll give her some now then! Hope Milo is better soon X

Regarding the Metacam, I think they normally give a 24 hr shot, so maybe wait until lunch time before giving her some more? If she is nibbling this is a good sign. Sometimes they won't touch anything :cry: Also she was spayed at a very good Vets so there should be no problem.

Ahh okay I was just about to give her some but I'll hold off till lunchtime thanks!
I was very impressed with the vets, they're lovely!
They've given me metacam for once a day though...I suppose I'll observe her closely and adjust it according to what works best for her

You would probably have to check with the vets but the vets often SAY that the metacam will last 24 hours but in rabbits it doesn't, it only lasts 12. But wihtout asking the vet first you wouldn't know.

You would probably have to check with the vets but the vets often SAY that the metacam will last 24 hours but in rabbits it doesn't, it only lasts 12. But wihtout asking the vet first you wouldn't know.

i think she had the injectable metacam, not sure if this makes a difference!
shes still eating&in good spirits so im going to give her a dose at lunch time and if this doesn't cut it ill phone up and see - i did also read that one dose of the liquid metacam can last 24hrs in dogs and only 12 in rabbits

shes still eating&in good spirits so im going to give her a dose at lunch time and if this doesn't cut it ill phone up and see - i did also read that one dose of the liquid metacam can last 24hrs in dogs and only 12 in rabbits

She could have had metacam or another painkiller before she left the surgery, so please check with the vet!

They should have told you when to start giving it to her. When you call, you can ask about giving it twice a day. It depends on the dose they recommend, but she may need it twice daily for a couple of days or so.

Without knowing how high to dose was you can't know if it will last long enough for her.

Milo was getting a 0.6ml dose every 12 hours when he was really suffering on Saturday-Yesterday, I'm only just going to reduce it to once a day today because he is eating so well and much much brighter, but my vet (the first one that wasn't very good, I've moved now) told me to only give one dose every 24 hours. This wouldn't have been enough at all and Milo still would have been n pain.

Obviously dont give any more if you are not sure!

She could have had metacam or another painkiller before she left the surgery, so please check with the vet!

They should have told you when to start giving it to her. When you call, you can ask about giving it twice a day. It depends on the dose they recommend, but she may need it twice daily for a couple of days or so.

i just rung them and she checked for me - she said Binky will be fine to have a dose now it wont double up with anything she had yesterday so im off to give that to her now

i just rung them and she checked for me - she said Binky will be fine to have a dose now it wont double up with anything she had yesterday so im off to give that to her now

:thumb: Good good, hope your girl is back to herself soon. x

Incision photo...

37329c131414d650aac95ce7c72be43b.jpg

85e19f78e1312e6e6138b3523d56fd33.jpg

Not sure why she chose to lay in hay but the incision is tiny!
She's also still nomming hay and I picked her son leafy greens

Glad that she is doing ok, we all worry about are bunnies having the op. i had one with no problems at all and the other not so good after surgery.
she will soon be running around.

Glad that she is doing ok, we all worry about are bunnies having the op. i had one with no problems at all and the other not so good after surgery.
she will soon be running around.

I've never had a pet have surgery before so I wasn't sure what time I would hear etc, at about 12 I was like nope must be bad news!
I still have one more to go, Her sister so they can be re-bonded hopefully six weeks after. but I thought Binky would be hardest to get to eat again...clearly Bella will be the challenge even though she'll do anything for food! :lol:

Back