• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binkys spay - U/D - incision photo

Thankyou, I'm hoping they don't report back any dental problems or anything purely cause her hormones caused her to kick the hell off when she has to be held like grunting and stuff so we can't really check her front teeth like we can Bella, she should calm down now!

Anyone know how to get a urine stain of a litter tray? Where she doesn't use her tray she pees on the corners of it and it's stained - tried hot water & clean n safe disinfectant
Also do I put hay ontop of the newspaper in the tray? Not sure cause the wound - the hay I'll give her as food I'm going to make sure isn't too spikey

She normally has a massive pile of hay to keep warm in but obviously that might not be a good idea cause the wound, she's going to have blankets on the floor but hopefully she'll be warm enough :? Don't have a snuggle safe and can't really afford after I'm paying for the pleasure of bunny surgery!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

White vinegar. Quite a strong solution, and a little soaking time.

It's baking hot here, is it not warm where you are? I'm sure some snuggly blankets will be fine for her!

She normally has a massive pile of hay to keep warm in but obviously that might not be a good idea cause the wound, she's going to have blankets on the floor but hopefully she'll be warm enough :? Don't have a snuggle safe and can't really afford after I'm paying for the pleasure of bunny surgery!

Is she an outdoor bunny?
Our girls were spayed on 30th Decemeber, so for the first 3 days after their spay we kept them indoors but certainly didn't use heatpads, they then went back outside where they had all their straw/heatpads if they needed them.

I'd say that unless you've had a sudden arctic freeze the blankets will be more than just fine.

White vinegar. Quite a strong solution, and a little soaking time.

It's baking hot here, is it not warm where you are? I'm sure some snuggly blankets will be fine for her!

Ahh thanks, Im going to leave it for today purely cause I've disinfected a lot! :lol:
But I'll do it tomorrow once she's settled back into her house again
It's warm here yeah but I'm worried about night time

Is she an outdoor bunny?
Our girls were spayed on 30th Decemeber, so for the first 3 days after their spay we kept them indoors but certainly didn't use heatpads, they then went back outside where they had all their straw/heatpads if they needed them.

I'd say that unless you've had a sudden arctic freeze the blankets will be more than just fine.

Yeah they're outdoor buns!
It's not too cold today, just worried about the night

The temperatures at night aren't too cool so again I'm sure the blankets will be fine. If you have soemwhere indoors thatnis bunny proof I would be tempted to have her inside overnight, nit because of the temperatures, but it makes it easier to keep a check on her eating/drinking/pooping!

She's home :love: shes settled back into her playhouse and is laying next to her water bowl, she's already pee'd
I'm exauhsted!
I haven't actually had a chance to see the Incision yet, she doesn't want to be handled which I'm not surprised at!
Having a bite to eat then going out to observe her

The temperatures at night aren't too cool so again I'm sure the blankets will be fine. If you have soemwhere indoors thatnis bunny proof I would be tempted to have her inside overnight, nit because of the temperatures, but it makes it easier to keep a check on her eating/drinking/pooping!

Thankyou, she's just got back into her playhouse and she seems so happy to be there!

So pleased she's home, I've just settled my girl back in after her first dental, it's been a long day, it's the waiting isn't it ? X

So pleased she's home, I've just settled my girl back in after her first dental, it's been a long day, it's the waiting isn't it ? X

Hope your girl recovers well! It is the waiting...waiting for a phone call, waiting for 4pm to pick up, waiting for Poop!
And I've cleaned her whole cage today, could quite easily fall asleep on the sofa[emoji23]X

Hope your girl recovers well! It is the waiting...waiting for a phone call, waiting for 4pm to pick up, waiting for Poop!
And I've cleaned her whole cage today, could quite easily fall asleep on the sofa[emoji23]X

It's stressful, no doubt about that!

Perhaps you could have a nap? Come to think of it, I feel like one myself :D

She's just pee'd again and nommed 1 strand of hay, she looks grumpy but that's to be excepted - now I wait for poo!

621e9587488a94119ff035fd7d448506.jpg

Her ears are still up though bless!

It's stressful, no doubt about that!

Perhaps you could have a nap? Come to think of it, I feel like one myself :D

Very stressful & ive got another bun to go yet :roll:

I want a nap, but I'm going to have a shower after dinner and hope I wake up more :lol:

She's just pee'd again and nommed 1 strand of hay, she looks grumpy but that's to be excepted - now I wait for poo!

621e9587488a94119ff035fd7d448506.jpg

Her ears are still up though bless!

Very stressful & ive got another bun to go yet :roll:

I want a nap, but I'm going to have a shower after dinner and hope I wake up more :lol:

Since I wrote previously, I *did* go and have a nap :shock: Trying to wake up now ...

She looks gorgeous - she's not too angry with you, is she? Has she come home with pain meds?

Since I wrote previously, I *did* go and have a nap :shock: Trying to wake up now ...

She looks gorgeous - she's not too angry with you, is she? Has she come home with pain meds?

I'm jealous! :lol:
My family are going out for dinner and I'm staying home on bunny poop watch!

She's not angry with me no, she was so glad to see me at the vets!
She's got metacam, I'm not sure how many days it's going to last though - they gave me some squeezed into another pot if that makes sense...if I run out I might have to get them to phone my local vets just to ask them to prescribe some as it took a good 20/25 minutes to get there today. Amazing vets though I wouldn't take mine anywhere else now!

I'm jealous! :lol:
My family are going out for dinner and I'm staying home on bunny poop watch!

She's not angry with me no, she was so glad to see me at the vets!
She's got metacam, I'm not sure how many days it's going to last though - they gave me some squeezed into another pot if that makes sense...if I run out I might have to get them to phone my local vets just to ask them to prescribe some as it took a good 20/25 minutes to get there today. Amazing vets though I wouldn't take mine anywhere else now!

I'm glad you were happy with them. Are you booked in for a post spay check up with them? If so, you could ask for more Metacam then? I wonder why you didn't get your own bottle? :?

Glad she' s ok and back home. I suppose you know she mustn't jump onto anything.

Thankyou, she doesn't have anything in her caged (mean bunny mummy I am!) she's literally got blankets, food & two water bowls...though when she's more active again I'll start putting some toys back slowly, nothing she can jump in or out for atleast 2/3 weeks though - shame because she loves jumping! :lol:

I'm glad you were happy with them. Are you booked in for a post spay check up with them? If so, you could ask for more Metacam then? I wonder why you didn't get your own bottle? :?

We've not booked a post op check yet, they said we can use that if there's any problems I suppose not enough pain meds is a problem!
It might last I'm not sure, atleast I didn't have to pay for a whole bottle! :lol:

It will probably last fine, I get it dispensed in one of those little brown bottles after an op and it doesn't look like there's much but there's always plenty. I tend to give it twice a day for 5 days after a spay. I think it probably works out cheaper and helps to keep the costs down for them and for clients - if they are decanting a little bit from a 180ml bottle that's got to cost far less than giving everyone the smallest size regular bottle after every op.

I wouldn't worry too much about how much she eats this evening, it's quite normal for them to be a little subdued and not want to eat much (can you imagine wanting to tuck into a large dinner the evening you'd had a hysterectomy?) but she should perk up tomorrow. Definitely a great vet's practice so you can be confident that all has been done competently and safely :D

It will probably last fine, I get it dispensed in one of those little brown bottles after an op and it doesn't look like there's much but there's always plenty. I tend to give it twice a day for 5 days after a spay. I think it probably works out cheaper and helps to keep the costs down for them and for clients - if they are decanting a little bit from a 180ml bottle that's got to cost far less than giving everyone the smallest size regular bottle after every op.

I wouldn't worry too much about how much she eats this evening, it's quite normal for them to be a little subdued and not want to eat much (can you imagine wanting to tuck into a large dinner the evening you'd had a hysterectomy?) but she should perk up tomorrow. Definitely a great vet's practice so you can be confident that all has been done competently and safely :D

Yeah that's what we've got the metacam in, I asked how much was in there and how long it would last so they put a bit more in there just to be sure
They told us once a day but when Bella was on metacam before it was twice, so depending on how she does tomorrow I might split her dose in half so she gets two doses a day

I offered her some mushy pellets and she was happily licking it off the syringe so I'm happy she's had something to eat atleast

They're all so lovely in there! You can tell they really care about the animals they work with, I don't think it was -that- expensive either!

Binkys spay - U/D - dropped off

We have poo! Tucked her up with a fleece bed my nan made her their first winter here too

83e9b3d295094e1745827666c3b51f2d.jpg

Excuse the poo pictures but I'm relived we've got poo!

Not exactly using the bed the right way but she must be comfy :lol:
18ef151967bb55e9f39cdf2a5809d7c0.jpg

Last edited:
Oh look at her on that pretty fleece bed :love:

Great to hear the poo news too :thumb:

Hope you have a peaceful night!

Oh look at her on that pretty fleece bed :love:

Great to hear the poo news too :thumb:

Hope you have a peaceful night!

Thankyou MightyMax...she figured out how to use the bed properly overnight! :lol:

Got up really early today to check on her and she was hopping round the cage, she went back to her bed & then took some fresh basil off me to eat...there are probably 7 or 8 poo's in the cage

Back