• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bertie 01/05/16

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
I saw Bertie and Arnie in pets at home adoption, Arnie (was called Roger) seemed quite timid whereas Bertie was hopping around. The glass was not slid all the way closed and he was pushing his nose through, he was managing to get it a fair way through so I was stroking it which he was enjoying. I went to let a member of staff know so he couldn't get his nose stuck, the member of staff was saying they'd been returned three times as they were very nervous. I just felt something for them so decided to 'adopt' them. They were incredibly nervous, but with patience they became perfectly happy to be in their cage not hiding away while I was pottering around my front room, nothing phased them, even hoovering! Although Arnie still doesn't cope well with being touched initially, he and Bertie enjoy sitting on my knee having a good cuddle :love: I never thought I would loose either of them any time soon, only being young, however Bertie became very ill and after spending a weekend at the vets treatment had no effect and it was suspecting he had suffered a stroke and he couldn't come back from it :cry: I am so sorry Bertie, the flat is very quiet without you. Me and Arnie miss you terribly, and I will take care of Arnie until you both see each other again. Enjoy the bridge my lovely boy, I hope you have found Lima, Ginny, Billie, Tillie and Agnes my previous piggies :love:

I am so sorry that Bertie has gone, Liz. :cry:
Too many good friends going to the Bridge lately.
Sending you ((((((Huge hugs)))))), that picture of him reclining is awesome, I've never seen a piggy posed like that before.

Popcorn free, Bertie. xxxx

Really sorry that you and Arnie have lost Bertie, but so pleased that they "chose" you Liz. Have fun at the bridge Bertie xxx

I am so very sorry you lost Bertie :cry: Gorgeous piggie. I also have never seen a reclining piggie before :love:

Thank you everyone xx He always used to lie out with his legs out like that during our evening cuddles :love:

Back