• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ben's Gone...

:cry: so sorry for your loss of Ben, 10.5yrs is a good age though, it sounds like he just went peacefully, although your heart will hurt , hugs xxx

Thank you everyone.

He was fine when I put him back in his playhouse at 7:30 last night and there were plenty of poops in his litter tray, I hope he didnt suffer :(

Can rabbits die of a broken heart?

I'm so very sorry, I've only just seen this :cry:

I believe they can die of a broken heart, just like humans can. Their immune system is lowered by grieving, and they pass away. It sounds like Ben passed peacefully at home at an advanced age. Bless him :love:

Thank you again everyone.

I was just making plans to bring him in as a house bunny as I hated the thought of him spending a cold winter outside alone :cry: I hope he's snuggled up with Meg now :love:

I am very sorry for your loss :( Binky free with Meg and keep each other safe and warm.

I also agree with Jane et al he is "lucky" to have passed at home, probably in his sleep, that's defintitely what I want for mine and at that sort of age :love:

I am sorry. :cry: I lost my Pickles at 10.5 in May. It's awfully hard isn't it, but at least you can console yourself with knowing he had a good long life with so much love.

I am so sorry, he was an amazing age but I know it is hard to lose them at that age. The longer you have have them, the more your love grows. Binky free Ben xx

Back