• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beautiful Bessie is very poorly/ we've lost her

Thank you everyone :)

Bessie is eating small amounts and doing little odd shaped poos and still drinking plenty, so that is fairly good.

I am just concerned as she seems to have no spark back at all. She just sits in the corner of her cage, although she does come to the front at feeding time, but not with any real enthusiasm :(

I have put them both in the garden again this morning to see if a bit of sunshine will cheer her up :)

Hoping it does. Its a nice sunny day here in Oxford. When Daisy gets lethargic and her poos go really small (she is on a lot of long term antibiotics), I mix up a pot of critical care and she eats it off a spoon. The poos improve later that day.

I am not at all happy with Bessie's progress so she is booked in to see Adele in the morning for further investigation :(

I am not at all happy with Bessie's progress so she is booked in to see Adele in the morning for further investigation :(

I hope you get some answers.
Stanley is booked in for diagnostics tomorrow too.

The not knowing what's wrong is so worrying :cry:

More vibes for Bessie
xx

Thank you

Bessie is indoors now, she was hardly moving in the garden and the sun has gone in. She did have a little nibble of grass though.

She use to binky around like crazy before she got poorly, its like her whole personality has gone. She eats a bit if she has to and thats it :(

Bessie is off to the vets in 10 minutes.

She does seem a little more interested in her surroundings today but is still not very active.

It is so hard to guage how she is feeling because of her deformed eyes, as it is normally the eyes that tell me what I need to know

It is so hard to guage how she is feeling because of her deformed eyes, as it is normally the eyes that tell me what I need to know

I totally agree with this. I knew immediately when Stanley was really feeling better. The light went back on in his eyes.
Sending lots of vibes for little Bessie

xx

I have been worrying about Bessie so I can imagine that you must be climbing the walls Liz! I do hope the diagnostics come up with something that is treatable xxx

Back