• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Barney is poorly **definitely on the mend

I just gave them a handful between them. I reckon Roxy will have probably got the lions share, for such a petit bunny she can pack it away.

That should be fine. As long as Barney is eating a little bit it should keep his tum ticking over til he has his teeth sorted on Tuesday. If he normally drinks from a bottle I'd offer him water in a bowl too. Buns with a sore mouth sometimes find using a sipper bottle too uncomfortable. Keeping his fluid intake up will also help his guts

Janex :)

Thanks Jane :) all buns have been on water bowls since Barney's last serious episode as they both seemd to prefer t and nothing beats the sond of rabbits lapping.

Is there a fibre boosting thing I can put in their water daily? The vet recomended that I should use Fibreplex regularly but I've just gone onto an online supplier and its in paste form, fine for after bouts of illness but Barney won't like that three times a day normally. :?

Thanks Jane :) all buns have been on water bowls since Barney's last serious episode as they both seemd to prefer t and nothing beats the sond of rabbits lapping.

Is there a fibre boosting thing I can put in their water daily? The vet recomended that I should use Fibreplex regularly but I've just gone onto an online supplier and its in paste form, fine for after bouts of illness but Barney won't like that three times a day normally. :?

The water soluble fibre supplements are not really suitable for Buns. They can actually cause problems.

You could add the Fibreplex to Barney's Veg. Most of mine will eat it that way.

The water soluble fibre supplements are not really suitable for Buns. They can actually cause problems.

You could add the Fibreplex to Barney's Veg. Most of mine will eat it that way.

Crikey! :shock: I'll try that then. Thanks a lot Jane, as ever you have been extremely helpful I really appreciate your time and help x

Yay! he's just conceded defeat and had a few pellets. big fat phew from me. I thought this was going to be a whole weekender job. Hopefully he'll stay on the mend till Tuesday. x

I am SO pleased to hear Barney is ok. Clever boy!

I have also been grass stealing as well for wildie bun... an empty property with the lushest of grass and dandelions :lol:

Hope Barney remains fighting fit over the rest of the bank holiday weekend. :D

I am SO pleased to hear Barney is ok. Clever boy!

I have also been grass stealing as well for wildie bun... an empty property with the lushest of grass and dandelions :lol:

Hope Barney remains fighting fit over the rest of the bank holiday weekend. :D
:lol::lol: we are as norty as those bunnies.
He's just been tucking into a pile of hay and generally causing his usual amount of chaos. I love him :love:

why does this always happen on bank holiday weekends :roll:
glad he's on the mend and starting to eat something. let us know how he goes throughtout the day.

why does this always happen on bank holiday weekends :roll:
glad he's on the mend and starting to eat something. let us know how he goes throughtout the day.

I know! Trouble aren't they. Luckily it seems like we caught it in time and he seems a lot better today. He's been eating pellets two so thats great.

Back