• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Atticus is unwell again :(

Thanks everyone x

He's still looking mega uncomfortable bless him :(

When I rang up the vets earlier I explained the issue and the person I spoke to said they'd ask William etc then came back and said bring Atticus straight down.. Which was fine, but then in a really nasty tone said btw there's outstanding payments on your account.. It wasn't that she said it, it was the way she said it.. If that makes sense. And I said oh yea, my rabbit died last week and had a post mortem and they've sent stuff off, no one asked for payment at the time, I was gunna pay when I pick up my pet carrier that she was in... And her voice just dropped and I think she realised she'd been ******.. But it wasn't great tbh :/ I never don't pay... It's all been paid now anyway. But her tone seemed unnecessary :(

Oh no I hope he starts getting more comfy soon

I've had a bad experience with a vet receptionist before after we lost Flopsy, she was very pushy for payment and not sympathetic at all. It really ruined my opinion of them for a while.

It reminded me of the way doctors secretaries who always seem really rude to me.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Oh no I hope he starts getting more comfy soon

I've had a bad experience with a vet receptionist before after we lost Flopsy, she was very pushy for payment and not sympathetic at all. It really ruined my opinion of them for a while.

It reminded me of the way doctors secretaries who always seem really rude to me.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
Same :(

Yea tbh everyone's been really nice and chill about it all, I mentioned payment and said about the carrier previously and they were like yea that's fine.. So I thought it was okay? Idek I've been so busy and just blahh. If she wanted to take payment that'd have been totally fine too, it was just the way she spoke to me :/

Same :(

Yea tbh everyone's been really nice and chill about it all, I mentioned payment and said about the carrier previously and they were like yea that's fine.. So I thought it was okay? Idek I've been so busy and just blahh. If she wanted to take payment that'd have been totally fine too, it was just the way she spoke to me :/

She owes you an apology for jumping to the conclusion that you were dodging payment. It seems that more businesses need to tell staff exact words to use in every circumstance because too many cannot be trusted to use good judgement.

Sending vibes for Atticus and you.

It is obvious that these people need to develop empathy and tolerance. It may also be due to the problem of perspective on animals. I don't think they will do the same thing when a human relative dies. But when it comes to our animals, they don't see them as our relatives. This sounds a bit like a perspective problem to me.

I'm so sorry Atticus is unwell again.. Sending all my best wishes for a speedy recovery xxx

Sending more vibes for Atticus Graciee x I had a rather unpleasant receptionist experience just before I lost Treacle, I was panicky anyway but she was very rude and I was obviously upset. I did mention it to the vet when I was eventually "allowed" to speak with one. I just said that she needed a few lessons in empathy when dealing with people, and that she was letting the practice down, vet did agree with me. Not sure if it happened but made me feel better. Big hugs Graciee xxx

Very sorry that you had a bad experience with a Receptionist. I was a GP Receptionist for about 9 years and I hope that I never made anyone feel bad. I admit it was VERY hard to remain civil to some people though as they could be very rude. Not saying you were of course.

Hope that Atticus is showing some signs of improvement.

Sending more vibes for Atticus Graciee x I had a rather unpleasant receptionist experience just before I lost Treacle, I was panicky anyway but she was very rude and I was obviously upset. I did mention it to the vet when I was eventually "allowed" to speak with one. I just said that she needed a few lessons in empathy when dealing with people, and that she was letting the practice down, vet did agree with me. Not sure if it happened but made me feel better. Big hugs Graciee xxx
That's awful :( I'm sorry you had that experience, no one needs that x

Very sorry that you had a bad experience with a Receptionist. I was a GP Receptionist for about 9 years and I hope that I never made anyone feel bad. I admit it was VERY hard to remain civil to some people though as they could be very rude. Not saying you were of course.

Hope that Atticus is showing some signs of improvement.

I'm sure you didn't, that's not like you. I feel sorry for a lot of abuse people on reception have to put up with tbh. I was just not expecting it because we weren't talking about any of that stuff it was purely Atticus is unwell could you ask William if he wants to see him or just dispense more meds etc (because sometimes he just does that, but ideally wanted an xray etc but I understand he's busy) and with Atticus even though it's horrendous and often touch and go it really is the same thing every time it seems. (so far at least)

Anyway, I've been up all night, I'm a zombie, but I decided to basically drown him in liquid and do the meds through the night instead of only getting one dose in before bed... Anyway he's eating hay! He's passed some massive boulders too, like larger than malteasers, and completely solid and dry inside [emoji51] good job we had the tramadol I think!

I'm sure you didn't, that's not like you. I feel sorry for a lot of abuse people on reception have to put up with tbh. I was just not expecting it because we weren't talking about any of that stuff it was purely Atticus is unwell could you ask William if he wants to see him or just dispense more meds etc (because sometimes he just does that, but ideally wanted an xray etc but I understand he's busy) and with Atticus even though it's horrendous and often touch and go it really is the same thing every time it seems. (so far at least)

Anyway, I've been up all night, I'm a zombie, but I decided to basically drown him in liquid and do the meds through the night instead of only getting one dose in before bed... Anyway he's eating hay! He's passed some massive boulders too, like larger than malteasers, and completely solid and dry inside [emoji51] good job we had the tramadol I think!

Well done Graciee and Atticus :love:

Back