• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

At emergency vets with Beano - U/D: Home and settled

That's the update we were all waiting for! :D:D:D Keeping up recovery vibes and hope all goes well with the travelling. xxx

Thankyou :D I'll be taking some water with me, watery veg for her and the car windows will be down to avoid her getting hot during the journey :)

I can't! :love: Not long now! :) I really hope she'll get settled back in and continue improving and be back to normal soon x

She's home :D There was my vet and a vet nurse there and he talked to me about how she'd been doing, over the night/this morning she'd got harder and harder to give meds to said the nurse because she was getting back to her usual self so was getting a bit agressive! She's much like her usual self and is eating a lot better, he said she hasn't been eating pellets yet but she's been eating hay and grass here.

I'm concerned about her and Gordon though, at first they just wandered around eachother a bit and Gordon lunged at her a little but this didn't bother Beano. He then began to chase her a bit but then they were sat down next to each other eating hay. It was hot and cooler outside so I took them to their run where they were both running round/flopping out/grazing together fine. Beano then layed out and Gordon groomed her for a long time then she did the same to him. They have just chased eachother round though :( Afterwards they were walking around eachother fine. :? I'm not sure what to do, I'm keeping a close eye on them, do you think they'll settle down or do you think I'll need to do something with them?

Beano probably feels weak and that is resulting her in being defensive, maybe keep them in a small space like bonding?

Beano doesn't seem to be acting weak, she's already grunted and bit me and has been running round and being nosey. Neither of them seem bothered by the chasing :?

Can you put them into a small neutral space for tonight ?

Yes could do that, I have tomorrow of school (every year does at my school) and could always take Tuesday off anyway. Both rabbits have been in my room but not for months, would that be ok or would it need to be elsewhere?

Yes could do that, I have tomorrow of school (every year does at my school) and could always take Tuesday off anyway. Both rabbits have been in my room but not for months, would that be ok or would it need to be elsewhere?

Try in your room first. I just think it'd be a good idea to reduce the opportunity for chasing for now. Things could escalate if their bond has been weakened by separation. Beano will smell different too, so you may need to work on a rebond for a few days.

Try in your room first. I just think it'd be a good idea to reduce the opportunity for chasing for now. Things could escalate if their bond has been weakened by separation. Beano will smell different too, so you may need to work on a rebond for a few days.

Ok, thankyou very much. They are just sat in their run at the moment. I will see how they are and set up an area for them.

They've been lied together and grooming etc so I'm hoping they've settled, if there's any trouble at their eveing feed then I'll have to bring them in.

ETA: I went out and they were lied down next to eachother acting fine so I stayed and watched them and when I brought them in their shed for their evening feed I watched them very closely to see how they were with eachother and food and they were fine, sharing food like usual sleeping next to each other and this morning they were at the door waiting for it to be opened together like usual so I think they've settled back in with each other now :love:

Last edited:
Back