• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

At emergency vets with Beano - U/D: Home and settled

Thankyou again everyone. She has had a drink and I have syringed her some fibreplex. I will ask that honeybunny. I am going to get up to check on her through the night every hour, if she seems to be picking up then I might make it every two hours if me going in and out her shed is bothering her. I have quite an important day at school tomorrow I am not meant to miss but if she has not improved I will stay with her tomorrow, I can take her to the vets when it opens if no improvement. If she has improved then it will be an apponitment in the afternoon.

Liz said she has an important day at school today so I'm really hoping Beano is fine and Liz has gone off to school without having a chance to update us. :?

Sorry I haven't been able to update, my dad is restricting time on the computer so I was using my iPod wich then ran out of battery.

The first time I got up in the night she wasd pretty much the same, reluctant to move, not focusing on anything. I tried more things to tempt her but she doesn't usually eat much if I'm watching her anyway so left her to get some peace. I went back just under an hour and she was nibbling a bit of carrot :D I offered her some pellets which she ate a few and seemed brighter, she was begining to move around slowly but faster than before. After a few more checks she'd eaten more things and was looking more bright. :D In the morning her and Gordon were waiting for me to open their solid door so they could see out the mesh one and although she wasn't that interested in harrassing me like usual and all their shed was neat and tidy (usually a complete mess by mornings) she was moving around more. She ate some hay but still seems reluctant to eat that. I checked the litter tray and there was a fair few small, hard, dark poos which presumeably were hers. I gave her some pellets from my hand because I didn't want Gordon to over eat them and wanted to make sure she was getting some, when I put them in the bowl she didn't go to them whilst I was there though. I felt ok to leave her with my mum and sister checking on her after she'd had some fibreplex, eaten , drank and poo's. Tonight I have seen her eat some dandelion leaves, grass and herbage. The water has gone down a fair bit too. She doesn't like contact really, unless it's on her terms. Doesn't like new people touching her either so hasn't been happy with medicine been given and people holding her so I can give medicine and the vet trip I can tell today because she is deffinately off with me, but I think that as a good thing because it shows she's getting more back to her usual self. She has a vet appointment at 6:20 with her usual vet to just check her as still a bit reluctant to move her back end, the vet checked her legs yesterday but said it was more likely to be discomfort in her stomach stopping her from moving freely.

Gordon has been really sweet, he seemed to not know what to do and kept licking/nudging her yesterday/today :love:

Thankyou so much everyone for thinking about her, it's lovely to know there's people who understand as many will have had rabbits like this before. :) xxx

Back