• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

At emergency vets with Beano - U/D: Home and settled

She was at the vets again earlier for her appointment, she recieved another injection, and I have gut stimulant and baytril (not exactly sure what that's for) to give her and I still have some fibreplex if she is not eating much on her own but I think she'll be ok with out that and with the help of the gut stimulant she is eating bits on her own. Thankyou again everyone xxx

Thankyou. We appear to possibly be back to square one, something is not right here. :cry: When I ring the vets to give an update on her I'm going to ask what further things they can do if she is still not acting right after been given the meds etc.

Oh no, I'm so sorry it's not better news. :cry: It's hard to imagine Beano poorly. She seems such a sturdy, spirited bun from your posts and photos of her. Sending LOTS of vibes for her and hugs for you. xxx

Thankyou. We appear to possibly be back to square one, something is not right here. :cry: When I ring the vets to give an update on her I'm going to ask what further things they can do if she is still not acting right after been given the meds etc.

She needs to go back to the vet asap.

Ask them to x-ray - if she has a blockage giving her anything else to eat could be very dangerous. If she has gas she needs Ranatidine to help disperse it. Left untreated this can also be very serious. Irrespective of what the problem is she needs pain relief.

Be polite but firm with the vet and don't let them fob you off because of your age.

When Bouncer had symptoms similar to Beanos the combination of drugs he had was: Metacam, metoclopramide, buprecare/vetergesic + ranatidine syrup via syringe. I also had recovery food to syringe feed him if necessary. He took a full 48 hrs to get back on track. We think it may have been was the strange temp fluctuations in the Spring which cause him to be poorly.

ETA: don't feel silly about writing things down and showing them to the vet either. Also ask them to write down what they're giving her when you're there so that you can keep a record.

Vibes for Beano xx

Thankyou Jen. She is going to the vets for 10:30am to be admitted. :cry: Gordon cannot be admitted with her so he has to stay here. I need vibes please.

Thankyou Jen. She is going to the vets for 10:30am to be admitted. :cry: Gordon cannot be admitted with her so he has to stay here. I need vibes please.

Lots more vibes, and thinking of Gordon too. He must be wondering what is going on. xxx

Sorry Liz, only just seen this so I know you'll already be at the vets. There should be no reason why Gordon cannot be admitted with her. This will stress her more - you should insist that he goes with her. I would consider swapping vets :(

Really hope she improves very quickly and gets home with G xx

:cry: Beano should be at another surgery with my vet now. I have been really pleased with this vet so far, he seems very rabbit savvy. Gordon wasn't allowed to be admitted with her because there was no room at the surgery. He was taking Beano in with him because all the appointments are full and this practice is for animals with appointments for surgery beforehand, the vet is taking Beano with him so she'll be seen, I couldn't have got her an appointment with no notice. She could've stayed at my usual branch but the vets in aren't the full time rabbit savvy ones so he took her to the sugery in Bridlington where she'd be seen properly. I cried when I was leaving without her and came back to a shed with only one bunny there :cry: Gordon seems ok, he's eating fine and is in his run acting like normal. Beano hasn't been responding to anything today so I couldn't tell how she was acting without him. :cry:

Also the vet gave her pain killer whilst I was with her at my usual practice, I wrote down about all the things and if she needs the X rays then about the fluids. I didn't have to say about pain killer because he gave her it straight away, she had some in the injection she recieved yesterday but he said that will be wearing off now. Thankyou for all the vibes and advice xxx

Also the vet gave her pain killer whilst I was with her at my usual practice, I wrote down about all the things and if she needs the X rays then about the fluids. I didn't have to say about pain killer because he gave her it straight away, she had some in the injection she recieved yesterday but he said that will be wearing off now. Thankyou for all the vibes and advice xxx

Sounds as though the Vet she is with now is on-the-ball and I hope that with some intensive treatment Beano will soon be back home with Gordon :)

Well done Liz. I know it's not easy for you. You've done really well in getting her to the vet. Lets hope they can figure out what's wrong and get her back on track quickly. Hope Gordon is ok. Give him extra nose rubs from me. Hugs to you x

Thankyou both. So strange without Beano here. I wonder how she is doing now :cry: The vet is going to ring me tomorrow, too busy with appointments today which is why I was lucky for him to take Beano in with him. I have been sat outside with Gordon, he seems to be acting normally. I left him snoozing in the sun but he keeps swapping into the shade if he gets too warm, being sensible. x

I'm sorry Beano is still not right but I'm completely impressed with how you're handling this and dealing with it Liz. You should be proud of yourself for doing such an awesome job (I know right now you won't be able to though because of being worried about both bunnies).

I hope they can find out what's wrong and she perks up soon.

Back