• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Artie's not well again (not eating)... staying at vet's tonight U/D post 37

Poor Artie - I'm sure he's just trying to turn you grey with worry Alison. :lol:

I've definitely got some grey :oops: ... but not as much as Artie has ;)

I really can't work out if he can't eat hard food or is being selective, he's not bothered much with some tough grass I've given him but ate some raspberry stem earlier that must have been harder, perhaps he can only be bothered if the reward is a good one. I spent all November and December monitoring him like this and got no answers. At least his Auntie Frances should be able to advise tomorrow ....

Awww no poor Artie - sending vibes for your special boy - come on Artie get well soon for mummy xxx

Thank you. He's doing a lot better now. I even saw him eating quite a thick bit of hay and he's eaten some thick grass. There are quite subtle differences when he's not right such as he asked for his face stroking at the weekend and obviously took comfort from it but today I could feel his teeth chattering madly as I massaged his brow, his usual happy self :love::love::love: This afternoon I got the treat box out and he nearly got his head in it - yesterday he would have sat just watching in the distance. I just hope he keeps it up.

Thanks for the good wishes and vibes.

FHB was happy that he was well enough for his Lapinject jab, she couldn't see any problems in his mouth and said it was possible that he has something in there bothering him rather than it being a teeth problem. He's only been home five minutes and he's been tucking in to greens and hay so *hopefully* the trip to the vets hasn't upset him too much.

All 3 that I took on the 2 hour trip had a piece of carrot, in case they needed refreshment - none ate it but Artie's just decided to eat his now :love::love::love: Esme's nibbling hay but giving me dirty looks and Rue is being groomed madly by his missus :love::love::love:

Back