• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone nr Spring Road station, Birmingham? Stray bunny U/D No sign of the other one.

I can't believe I am writing this but we found the little bunny!!

It was sitting there in broad daylight! My OH managed to jump the fence and caught it with his jumper :love:

It has been checked over by our vets and is in good condition.

We have to keep the bunny for 7 days and advertise it as a found rabbit so that if it does have loving owners somewhere they can come forward.

I have removed the photo and any reference to its appearance so that if the owners come forward they have to give us a description etc.

Thanks so much for all the help.

Alio, I will PM you as I wonder if you might be able to help us by popping up a few posters with our contact number on? Thanks in advance if you can.

I was about to say dont put up a photo - can you have any other 'trick' questions to identify the real owner???? any distinctive things (obviously dont post on here!!!) like sex and whether neutered etc

I was about to say dont put up a photo - can you have any other 'trick' questions to identify the real owner???? any distinctive things (obviously dont post on here!!!) like sex and whether neutered etc

Thanks, no we arent putting any photos or descriptions about the bunny out there. I'm feeling very, very protective of the little soul. We do have a couple of distinctive things about the bunny but like you say can't post here.

Sorry to keep referring to it as an 'it' but will have to do for now. Bunny has been flopping down in the litter tray having a right good snooze, properly on its side, eyes closed, nose twitching etc :love: Must be so tired after being on high alert for so long. It has eaten the pellets and hay we've given it, as well as some coriander and parsley. Its poos are pretty bad - small, dark and no hay content in there at all, slightly misshapen too. Hoping we can improve that over time.

Oh gosh :cry: There may have been another one!

Just seen on my friend's FB page that a friend of his who also works on the railway line there saw two bunnies there last week, mid-week. One matching our bunny's description and a white one. :cry: I definitely couldnt see another bunny and we did look just to be sure, but only a casual look along the bushes and undergrowth so it could have been hiding. However I am thinking if there was a white one, it would have a much lower chance of survival in the wild, as it would have been spotted more easily by people and predators.....

I can't go back in the daylight until next weekend, what shall I do? Is there anyone that can go in the daylight to check?? :(

Oh gosh :cry: There may have been another one!

Just seen on my friend's FB page that a friend of his who also works on the railway line there saw two bunnies there last week, mid-week. One matching our bunny's description and a white one. :cry: I definitely couldnt see another bunny and we did look just to be sure, but only a casual look along the bushes and undergrowth so it could have been hiding. However I am thinking if there was a white one, it would have a much lower chance of survival in the wild, as it would have been spotted more easily by people and predators.....

I can't go back in the daylight until next weekend, what shall I do? Is there anyone that can go in the daylight to check?? :(

How awful that you didn't know this at the weekend :cry::cry:

I hope someone can look. At least if anyone is searching for a white rabbit in darkness they stand a better chance than they would with a dark one.

Me too. Its only one sighting and they only remembered when they saw my friend's post. We did look in the darkness on Saturday night but I think they would have been hiding in the bushes. We also looked on Sunday daytime when we went and didnt see anything. :cry:

Poor little thing. I did wonder if there might be another one, as I thought it was more likely that two may have been dumped than one. But they could be escapees of course.

My friend has been through the station 4 times today on the trains but unfortunately no further sightings of the white bunny. A couple of people have kindly offered to go and look in the daylight for me. I still can't get there til Saturday but feeling more and more hopeless about it.

Just in case anyone can and does go to look, my friend has asked me to remind people to be mindful of personal safety at railway stations.

Just to be clear - as there is some confusion on Facebook.

There still seems to be a white bunny on the loose at Spring Rd station (even though it hasnt been spotted since last week, as far as we know this bunny has not been found).

Thanks.

Awww poor other bun, and poor little safe bun now being on its own if white bunny was its friend :cry: if the two buns are opposite genders this does also mean there is a possibility of pregnancy of course. I do hope little white bun can be found, but please don't feel bad if it can't, you're being a bunny angel x x

Awww poor other bun, and poor little safe bun now being on its own if white bunny was its friend :cry: if the two buns are opposite genders this does also mean there is a possibility of pregnancy of course. I do hope little white bun can be found, but please don't feel bad if it can't, you're being a bunny angel x x

I know, thats what I keep thinking. Wish they could talk! :cry:
I have to say thank you to Poppymoon, Julia123, Alio71 and Theo from Rabbit Retreat as they are the ones now looking for the white bunny because I can't get there til Saturday now, so they are now the bunny angels, not me at all.

There used to be a person in Acocks Green who bred rabbits for pet shops she kept them in a massive natural type environment but they were left to survive or not, there were hundreds, many escaped. Could some of those domestic rabbits have got into the wild and be living as wild rabbits?

:shock: :( :shock:

No more sightings of white bunny, despite several amazing bunny people trying to look. Alio71, Julia123 and Poppymoon all went out in the pouring rain to look today - what superstars. :love: But still nothing.

The bun we found is doing well, am hoping once the 7 days have passed I can post a full update and introduction about this little bunster.

We went over to Spring Road again today, to see if there was any sign at all of the white bunny, but no joy. I know others have tried during the week too.
I think we have done all we can to try to find the white bunny. It may never have been there as it was only one random sighting. We spoke to the station master in the ticket office and he had heard about our bunny but had not heard or seen anything about a white bunny. We did ask to be contacted if anyone did see another domestic bunny there, but as four of us (at least) have tried now there is no more we can do.

No owners have come forward to us about the bunny we rescued. Alio kindly put leaflets up around the area for us, we contacted the police, the station/London Midland rail, local vets, and attempted the RSPCA although they didnt answer their phone, so I think we have done as much as we can to publicise that it has been found.

So the plan for now is for us to insure, vaccinate and neuter the bunny and after that we will have a think about whats for the best for the future. I hope to introduce the bunny to RU in the next few days when I get time (and good lighting!) to take some piccies. :D

We went over to Spring Road again today, to see if there was any sign at all of the white bunny, but no joy. I know others have tried during the week too.
I think we have done all we can to try to find the white bunny. It may never have been there as it was only one random sighting. We spoke to the station master in the ticket office and he had heard about our bunny but had not heard or seen anything about a white bunny. We did ask to be contacted if anyone did see another domestic bunny there, but as four of us (at least) have tried now there is no more we can do.

No owners have come forward to us about the bunny we rescued. Alio kindly put leaflets up around the area for us, we contacted the police, the station/London Midland rail, local vets, and attempted the RSPCA although they didnt answer their phone, so I think we have done as much as we can to publicise that it has been found.

So the plan for now is for us to insure, vaccinate and neuter the bunny and after that we will have a think about whats for the best for the future. I hope to introduce the bunny to RU in the next few days

when I get time (and good lighting!) to take some piccies. :D

You certainly have done all you can regarding finding the other bun. Can't wait to see some pictures of the bunny you rescued. I think you have been amazing, I wish there were more people like you around :love:

Back