• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone nr Spring Road station, Birmingham? Stray bunny U/D No sign of the other one.

Have you managed to get through to the RSPCA yet?

No, I was on hold for an hour and 20 minutes in the end and then I had to go out, so I gave up, it was just playing on a loop the same messages over and over again. I'm not convinced they would do anything, especially as I havent seen the rabbit myself and as far as I know its not been seen since yesterday.

Going to try and head over there with my OH now, see if we can see anything. I'm not expecting to but at least we will have tried. May need to try again in the daylight tomorrow - and I can try the RSPCA again tomorrow, but I just think the longer time goes on without it being spotted, the less seriously they would treat it anyway.

Wish I could get hold of my friend for more info.

No, I was on hold for an hour and 20 minutes in the end and then I had to go out, so I gave up, it was just playing on a loop the same messages over and over again. I'm not convinced they would do anything, especially as I havent seen the rabbit myself and as far as I know its not been seen since yesterday.

Going to try and head over there with my OH now, see if we can see anything. I'm not expecting to but at least we will have tried. May need to try again in the daylight tomorrow - and I can try the RSPCA again tomorrow, but I just think the longer time goes on without it being spotted, the less seriously they would treat it anyway.

Wish I could get hold of my friend for more info.

Good luck I hope you manage to find him/her

it does look like a domestic bunny :(

could you get hold of a live trap? though if you haven't seen it then you won't know where to put it. hope you find it soon

Any news? How did you get on?

We went last night with torches, looked like a right pair of weirdos walking up and down the station platform shining torches in to the bushes, there was quite a few people there. As it was dark and a cold night too, I suspect that if the bunny was around he had made himself a snug little hole to hide in amongst the undergrowth.

Alio, are you local-ish to Spring Road? If so is there any chance you could have a quick look up there today?

My friend said he saw the bunny during the day Friday and it allowed him to get quite close. He said it had a beautifully groomed coat and looked well fed so I suspect it had only recently escaped (or whatever).

I am a good 45 minutes each way to Spring Road, and feeling a bit under the weather today, I am also 7.5 months pregnant so I could do without making the trip again today in the daylight, so if anyone is willing or able to just have a 5-10 minute check up there, I would be so grateful. Please let me know.

I can't believe I am writing this but we found the little bunny!!

It was sitting there in broad daylight! My OH managed to jump the fence and caught it with his jumper :love:

It has been checked over by our vets and is in good condition.

We have to keep the bunny for 7 days and advertise it as a found rabbit so that if it does have loving owners somewhere they can come forward.

I have removed the photo and any reference to its appearance so that if the owners come forward they have to give us a description etc.

Thanks so much for all the help.

Alio, I will PM you as I wonder if you might be able to help us by popping up a few posters with our contact number on? Thanks in advance if you can.

Last edited:
PS Thank you to Julia, Theo, Ali and everyone else on this thread that helped us yesterday. And also thanks to Tracy and Theo for advice about quarantining etc. :D

:love::love::love:

What amazing news! I bet the little bunny is thrilled to be in a safe place and having food brought to him/her now.

It does sound like the bun has been well cared for from descriptions of condition and temperament.

I'm so pleased you decided to go looking for the bun even though it sounded like sucha long shot.

Glad it was found and seems ok, let me know if you need any help with it. :) although I suspect that once in your house it isn't going anywhere ;)

That's amazing - what a lucky little boy! Well done to you and hubby for persevering - not many would have... :thumb:

Back