• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

any idea as to why my bunny has a tantrum when I put her in her cage at night

i got her out at half 5 this morning and put her on the bed wiv me and she was fine,she is too you g to be neutured yet so can't get a mate for her,she is a indoor bun and not sure if there is a room I can leave her in at nite wivout being destroyed :)

Not sure how large your flat is, but could you build a pen you could keep her in at night so she has a bit more room to move around in?

Puppy/Small animal pens aren't overly expensive, so something like this maybe?

projectplaypen3.jpg

(not necessarily exactly the same - but something similar)

It's be larger than being stuck in her hutch and she would be happier with additional space.

:)

Even if your dog crate is the biggest one available that would only be 48"-54" = 4ft or just over which isn't large enough for a rabbit, without a run of some sort permanently attached for 24 hour access.

Not sure how large your flat is, but could you build a pen you could keep her in at night so she has a bit more room to move around in?

projectplaypen3.jpg

It's be larger than being stuck in her hutch and she would be happier with additional space.

Thats a great idea....!:D

(ummmm...is there a bunny under that hutch!?:D Spot the Biscuit!:D)

projectplaypen3.jpg

That is a cute set up but it looks like your bunny spends some time on the top of the hutch. In the picture it looks like an easy hop onto that sofa and out of the pen enclosure. Am I crazy or is that true?

Some bunnies are very noisey at night, Strawbs and Snow used to get me up about 3am making so much noise the neighbours complained!

Any sort of cage or enclosure is terrible for noise- we have Mr B inside now but he lives free range in our kitchen and has never been a noisey bun. Would it be possible to have her in a hall way or bathroom over night so she has more space?

Here is a piccie of the enclosure I used to have before mine moved outside;
IMG00385-20091030-1727.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

Here is when we bunny proofed the spare room
IMG00435-20091108-1401.jpg

bunnytoes whats youre indoor setup?

I'll have to find some pictures later but she is just free ranged in the kitchen. We have a open floor plan. My OH made a half wall between the kitchen and family room to keep her in and I use a baby gate in the doorway on the other side. We close the laundry room door which is also off the kitchen. She has a small cage that is filled with hay. She is never closed in it. It is just a hay station. She has what we call the cave for a bathroom. It is a huge plastc tote that could be used to store an artificial Christmas tree. We keep the lid on and cut a cave like entrance and another exit. Her litter box is in the cave. On the other side of the cave she has her sleeping box and a water ball and food bowl. In another part of the kitchen she has a grass mat with another food bowl, tunnel and a sand pail filled with toy that she can dump out herself at night and spread round. She also has Yoko her cuddly bunny.
I

Back