• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Angelica has had a horrific accident

:cry:.. Come on little one, get Nomming and pooping please...

Healing vibes being sent,..

Loads of love
fee x

Oh no...come on Angelica ((((((((((((((((((Vibes))))))))))))))))))
Thinking of you, Liz. I really hope she can turn back around and come out of this. Maybe the shock of it all is just now hitting her. :(

Also glad to hear your mum is doing okay. ((((((((Huge hugs)))))) xxxxxxxx

The vet has checked Angelica today and she is healing well. Her pain level is good. As I suspected it is likely the pain relief affecting her appetite rather than the pain so we will start reducing that down over the next day or two. Fingers crossed her eating will then pick up

Cherry is only on metacam - injected twice a day - and John has only given me enough for the weekend. He said to stop it after that which seems far too soon to me but although I do have some oral metacam I don't know how long that lasts for once the bottle has been open. I guess if it's in date it should be OK.

Hoping that Angelica starts nomming once her pain relief is reduced. Cherry is eating lots and she is also drinking far more than normal. Just about to call the vet to update them and will ask if that is OK.

How are you keeping Angelica's rear end clean, Liz? Cherry is constantly wet. John has given me some rearguard but surely that won't work with the number of bottom baths I am having to give her. I'll ask the surgery if it's OK to keep applying it. I've had bunnies for a very long time, blind bunnies, deaf bunnies, one eyed bunnies, arthritic bunnies, but never a three legged bunny and I am feeling totally out of my depth. I hope you don't mind me asking you.

Cherry seems to prefer forage to pellets. She has also eaten carrot battons. Herbs are her favourite, especially lemon balm. I imagine you are trying Angelica with everything to temp her. It is so worrying when they won't eat.

How is her companion? Hovis is sitting by Cherry but there is no snuggling or grooming, although she keeps going up to him and lowering her head. It is sad to see, but hopefully he will come around.

I'm not having much problem with keeping her clean as not much is coming out :(

Metacam can be used 6 months from when it is opened

Rearguard is useless if giving bum baths as washes off and can't be reapplied. Get some f10 with insecticide its what I use for Otis and is good stuff that can be applied daily.

Hooters is not snuggling with angelica as usual

Sorry for quick reply xx

I'm not having much problem with keeping her clean as not much is coming out :(

Metacam can be used 6 months from when it is opened

Rearguard is useless if giving bum baths as washes off and can't be reapplied. Get some f10 with insecticide its what I use for Otis and is good stuff that can be applied daily.

Hooters is not snuggling with angelica as usual

Sorry for quick reply xx

Thank you soooo much. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply xxx

The vet has checked Angelica today and she is healing well. Her pain level is good. As I suspected it is likely the pain relief affecting her appetite rather than the pain so we will start reducing that down over the next day or two. Fingers crossed her eating will then pick up

Sending Angelica vibes xx Hope things look up over the weekend xx

Many more vibes for lovely Angelica (((((eating and pooping vibes)))))
You must be frantic, Liz. Sending you some comforting and strengthening ((((((Hugs))))) as well. xxxxxxx

We have reduced her pain relief as advised and very very slowly she is starting to nibble. Not enough for me to relax just yet but its a start.

She is totally comfortable in herself, flopping on the side of her missing Lev to sleep. The wound is good except for her making bleed yesterday as she struggles so much when taking her meds!

If she continues with her nibbling for the rest of today I might finally be able to stop worrying quite so much.

That's good to hear, so sorry you both are having to go through this, and her husbun must be so worried too, bless him.
Really hope she continues eating for herself, and pooping too, hopefully she's turned the corner now. Try and get a rest yourself, you sound in real need xxxxx

Back