• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

and another dental..

guess that’s easier said than done :lol: he’s like my little baby boy and i’m just so worried about him. the vet has been in the practice for years, 15+ and has been doing rabbit dentals for that long too almost. he also had the rabbit savvy vet who he loves monitoring him and she put him under so he was happier. its nothing with the vet, its just me being a worried momma :p

he’s home now, angry little grey lump right now haha. snoop hasn’t eaten any at the vet today but he never does and its not surprising. his teeth were slightly less worse than expected, but either way he needed to have it done. we need to continue the meds and i’ve been told to hand feed him tonight. they gave him fluids and some other things. im exhausted, 4 hours sleep, 3 cages to clean (his pen downstairs, Luna's cage, and his cage upstairs) and then heading to an appointment 11 miles away.

he’ll probably perk up, he’s always a grumpy butt until a few hours later.

they also shaved his ear, so there’s a chance the fur will grow back white or a different colour that doesn’t match :p

uQjWImD.jpg

Bless him !! I hope that he will be feeling much happier by tomorrow xx

guess that’s easier said than done :lol: he’s like my little baby boy and i’m just so worried about him. the vet has been in the practice for years, 15+ and has been doing rabbit dentals for that long too almost. he also had the rabbit savvy vet who he loves monitoring him and she put him under so he was happier. its nothing with the vet, its just me being a worried momma :p

he’s home now, angry little grey lump right now haha. snoop hasn’t eaten any at the vet today but he never does and its not surprising. his teeth were slightly less worse than expected, but either way he needed to have it done. we need to continue the meds and i’ve been told to hand feed him tonight. they gave him fluids and some other things. im exhausted, 4 hours sleep, 3 cages to clean (his pen downstairs, Luna's cage, and his cage upstairs) and then heading to an appointment 11 miles away.

he’ll probably perk up, he’s always a grumpy butt until a few hours later.

they also shaved his ear, so there’s a chance the fur will grow back white or a different colour that doesn’t match :p

uQjWImD.jpg

Aaaaww bless him :love:

I'm glad you all got through today. Bit of an ordeal, but well worth it :D

we're heading back to the vets in half an hour :roll:

he's not eating so its likely he's in pain and needs a stronger painkiller. nothing is tempting to him which is a concern, not even apple this time!!

little butthead lol

we're heading back to the vets in half an hour :roll:

he's not eating so its likely he's in pain and needs a stronger painkiller. nothing is tempting to him which is a concern, not even apple this time!!

little butthead lol

Awwww poor man :cry: He may need some gut motility meds and syringe feeds too xx

Awwww poor man :cry: He may need some gut motility meds and syringe feeds too xx

he has those :) on friday after two days of not eating we discussed that it was too late to do anything, and it wasn't an emergency as he was eating some, so we waited till monday. i think since wednesday I've been running on 4-5 hours of sleep every night just to hand feed him! since friday hes had Ranitidine (x3 a day), Metacam (x1 a day) and Emeprid (x2 a day).
Ranitidne decreases stomach acid production.
Emeprid is a metoclopramide (how do i even english, i hate medical terms :lol: ) which helps to empty the stomach.

they said he may need a stronger pain killer as not only did they just remove the spurs, they filed the teeth right down to straighten them out and hopefully stop this from happening so soon again. so they may have caused a bit of pain to remove his pain. he'll have his meds until our recheck on monday to make sure he's doing good. the vets love him all. the first time we took him the vet asked if we were in a hurry, we said no, so she said "well don't mind me, I'll just have a cuddle and take him out back to show him off to the others :lol:

he has those :) on friday after two days of not eating we discussed that it was too late to do anything, and it wasn't an emergency as he was eating some, so we waited till monday. i think since wednesday I've been running on 4-5 hours of sleep every night just to hand feed him! since friday hes had Ranitidine (x3 a day), Metacam (x1 a day) and Emeprid (x2 a day).
Emeprid is a metoclopramide (how do i even english, i hate medical terms :lol: ) which helps to empty the stomach.

they said he may need a stronger pain killer as not only did they just remove the spurs, they filed the teeth right down to straighten them out and hopefully stop this from happening so soon again. so they may have caused a bit of pain to remove his pain. he'll have his meds until our recheck on monday to make sure he's doing good. the vets love him all. the first time we took him the vet asked if we were in a hurry, we said no, so she said "well don't mind me, I'll just have a cuddle and take him out back to show him off to the others :lol:

I'm glad you've at least got all the gut motility meds there - is he any better now?

How could they not love him !! I hope that he is starting to feel better by now ?

whoops! I've had a busy few days puppy sitting and I still am today, with managing meds and him its been a rollercoaster :lol:

he's doing much much better. still clearly uncomfortable till he's had his medication, but that's fine by me. I don't have to handfeed any more, he'll tuck into hay and fresh greens with no issue.

thank you all for your support :love:

whoops! I've had a busy few days puppy sitting and I still am today, with managing meds and him its been a rollercoaster :lol:

he's doing much much better. still clearly uncomfortable till he's had his medication, but that's fine by me. I don't have to handfeed any more, he'll tuck into hay and fresh greens with no issue.

Well done Snoopy :D

So glad to hear that - especially the bit about the hay :D

Back