• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Dental work

Hi everybun. Mischief has his dental work booked for Monday 9th of October. He has requested if everybun would kindly send him plenty of vibes as he is rather nervous of veterinary establishments. Lillabelle will be going along for moral support as she quite likes the vets really. Fingers and toes crossed!

Sent from my Lenovo TB125FU using Tapatalk

Sending lots of vibes from me and Georgie cat, who also has a big fear of vets, but he says "you'll be fine Mischief, just demand extra fuss and treats when you get home" xx

I hope your dental goes smoothly Mischief ...& you get lots of nice herbs for your recovery

Aw, sending you lots of vibes, Mischief! Everyone will be really kind to you, and you'll have Lillabelle, too. :love: I hope everything will go well.

So sorry I haven't replied. My phone wouldn't let me on forum so I uninstalled Tapatalk then it wouldn't let me back in due to signing in problems but today it is fine. So weird

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sending lots of vibes from me and Georgie cat, who also has a big fear of vets, but he says "you'll be fine Mischief, just demand extra fuss and treats when you get home" xx
Thank you. Yes I fully intend to eat all my treats and make sure I get extra strokes xx

I hope your dental goes smoothly Mischief ...& you get lots of nice herbs for your recovery
Thank you. Yes I have fresh coriander, dill and parsley and other healthy foods to eat and have them all in a snack box ready [emoji16]

Good luck for tomorrow, I'm sure it will all go fine for Mr Chief xx Glad phone sorted :thumb:

Aw, sending you lots of vibes, Mischief! Everyone will be really kind to you, and you'll have Lillabelle, too. :love: I hope everything will go well.
Thank you so much! I hope you are well. I feel much better being with Lillabelle. She constantly gives me licks and kisses to take my mind off everything [emoji173]

Good luck for tomorrow, I'm sure it will all go fine for Mr Chief xx Glad phone sorted :thumb:
Thank you. I will be happy again when he is back home and eating and pooping fine. It is a first taking Lillabelle aswell so I hope it makes Mr Chief calmer and help with getting him to eat after the op xx

Hi everybun [emoji112]

Mr Chief was booked into vets fine this morning and apparently the nurses are all excited to see him. I'm sure they will love Lillabelle too and think they are very cute together [emoji3590]

When we saw the vets originally for his check up the vet quoted £150 to do his back teeth. The receptionist also said the same when I rang them to book him in today. However today the nurse quoted £300-£400!! That seems a bit steep just to get his molars filed down. Am I missing something? I wouldn't mind but we would have waited a week until we got paid my PIP so we weren't stressing about money!

The nurse said the vet would ring us after he has checked his teeth to discuss what will need doing and the cost involved but they have not rang yet.

I hate the waiting bit. I feel nauseous and worried and miss them being here. The flat feels so empty. However the nurse did say they were very busy today and not to worry if they hadn't rang yet and no new is good news. It doesn't stop me worrying though! It is nearly 3pm and we are sitting here trying to watch tennis but really we are just waiting for the phone to ring! [emoji51]

Sent from my Lenovo TB125FU using Tapatalk

Back