• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Amber needs vibes again post 52 June 19 2021

After I cleaned litterboxes, I left to go to bank. I cannot tell who pooped so not sure if it was Amber or Zorro., though Amber is now in a clean litterbox eating hay. As I was writing she just hopped out and I see seven nice poo. She is now having a drink. The vibes are working. Thank you.
I still do not know who passed fur connected poo. I have to monitor Zorro too-even though he ran for breakfast, though he did stop before going back to finish.
My bunnies have been taking turns keeping me on my toes.

Last edited:
Thank you. They both came for few evening pellets as a treat, so monitoring for now. I don't want to stress either by splitting them up, yet wish there was a way to distinguish their poo to make sure both are going, other than cleaning litterboxes and watching continuously to verify ownership.
I need to invent dye that is bunny safe so poo from dosed bunny glows neon pink so I know both have output.:D

Thank you. They both came for few evening pellets as a treat, so monitoring for now. I don't want to stress either by splitting them up, yet wish there was a way to distinguish their poo to make sure both are going, other than cleaning litterboxes and watching continuously to verify ownership.
I need to invent dye that is bunny safe so poo from dosed bunny glows neon pink so I know both have output.:D

Ha ha, I was going to say that !! :lol:

These buns are eating lots of hay, and both ran for morning treat pellets. Amber had very wet left nostril after being groomed early morning. Watery/clear. At her last vet was told not infection. It is likely not connected to her behavior yesterday morning, and she had it on and off for months. I wish I knew why she gets this in only one nostril, though she has a wirey whisker on that same side which I often think is hay during grooming.
Fingers crossed one is not waiting for weekend to stop eating again.

This morning spouse gave Amber and Zorro clean litterboxes and gave them a lot of fresh hay which they were eating. A while later, Zorro came running for his pellets, yet Amber did not. The same thing happened when I tried again later. She and Zorro were groomed yesterday, and normal amount of shedding for these bunnies. Supermarket did not have good greens, and my sister looked in a different location with same issue. So I was rationing the remaining greens until I can source more good quality greens. I may have to give most of what I have to Amber now and hope I can get more tomorrow.

Please send vibes for my girl. She is still eating hay, though I am still unable to tell if she or Zorro is making the nice poo as there is plenty in both litterboxes again. There were a few strung together, yet with these two lionheads with long fur, it is rare to not have thin fur between a few poos.

Thanks for the vibes. Amber ate a few greens and Zorro got his too. I had to distract him so she could finish her greens after he quickly ate his. She is more active now, so just monitoring overnight.

Back