• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Amber needs vibes again post 52 June 19 2021

Her vet is in 2.5 hours and she decided to be more active and wash herself plus she drank 1/2 oz and nibbled pellets overnight. She looks brighter too. I am glad fluids,medicam, and baytril helping yet it could make it harder for vet to diagnose.
I hope she will continue to improve.
It makes it harder when I cannot go inside so I will need to write a note with what I did and why. I'll also hope to get more supplies/meds.

Thank you friends.
Amber was alert and looking around at vets today. She got examined and vet found nothing wrong. Vet made few suggestions, yet we do not want to stress her when she is improving. She will stay on baytril another week to ward off resistance, plus fluids and medicam as needed.

She was very relaxed at vets, yet not impressed by bumpy ride home.

Although her illness squashed my plan to bond her with Zorro this past weekend, she is now showing interest to be near him.

Plaase send vibes she will soon be 100%

Could it be that Spring is in the air? Anyway I am glad the Vet couldn't find anything amiss and hope she starts eating properly. xx

Glad that vet visit went well, sending loads of vibes for your girlie, and hope you can start the bonding soon xx

i'm so glad that Amber seems to be improving :love: and hope this continues xxx.
You did well to pick up on this so soon. My best wishes to her.

She was not painful when the vet examined her yesterday, (although she had pain meds about 12 hours before), so I cut back on the Medicam last night because on Saturday and Sunday I gave her the same higher dose she got after her spay. I wonder if that was a mistake. Yesterday she ran to me for greens, and today she was not as excited when I gave her greens even though she ate them. Otherwise, she is peeing, pooing, and eating hay.
IMO the best way to see if the medicam dose made a difference is to put her back on the higher dose and see if it makes a difference.

Though I have enough Medicam for the next few weeks, another post on RU alerted me to it being out of stock. My vet did verify that they have Medicam /generic on backorder and they do not know when it will be available. I saw several websites with it out of stock, so I was glad to find a website that had some generic available so I placed an order and vet will send script. I hope it will not go out of stock before my vet sends the script and my order is shipped. Since January I had three bunnies on Medicam for different issues so fingers crossed.

Amber is such a good bunny.

Last edited:
After her last vet visit Amber continued to improve and a few days later she was her normal self.
Shortly after she was bonded with Zorro and they are very good together and both get their fair share of groomies and treats.
Their poo is very much alike, even though Amber is a pound or so larger.
Late last night both were running for a few treat pellets after they ate lots of hay and they also were both eating greens/sometimes grabbing it from each other. I added fresh hay before sleeping and much is gone.
Today Amber did not run for a few morning pellets even when I put under her nose. I saw her nibble some fresh hay and she did pee while eating it.
Yesterday and a few other times saw few poo connected by fur, yet both were happy,so glad passed. There was lots of poo overnight, and all looks the same. I cleaned litterbox and waiting for output. I may need to separate bunnies to make sure Amber has output.
Please send vibes.

Oh, lots of vibes for Amber! I hope it's just some temporary discomfort and she'll soon be back to eating her pellets, and I hope you'll see some poops from her soon.

Back