• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Amber needs vibes again post 52 June 19 2021

bunny momma

Wise Old Thumper
Yesterday Amber was eating hay and greens, yet not wanting her ration of pellets which is not like her usual self. She drinking less water too-she has a water bottle because she dumps bowels.
She is pooing/peeing.
Ideas?
Please send vibes.

Last edited:
I had this problem recently but she was back to normal later on/next day. If she isn't eating pellets then she won't need as much water. I hope Amber starts eating her pellets again soon. X

Vet off today got appt Monday. I hope she will keep eating hay, per,poo until then.
I will give her water bowl when I get home.
May give water bowl after my appt this morning.

Last edited:
Sending vibes for her.

Maybe try a big bowl of water to reduce tipping risks.

Or soak her nuggets and see if she'll take them softened?

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Thanks for your suggestions and vibes. She is not shedding , though she was not drinking today, so to be safe I gave her a small amount of fluids at 5pm. She got dose of medicam in case her refusal of pellets/water bottle is dental related.
Today I realized I lack heavy bowls-except breakable ones. I normally would buy one, yet today we had power outage from high winds/soaking rains (it went on as I was getting ready to bail my almost overflowing sump pump hole when back up failed -whew. Still windy,so hope power remains on)
I thought of duct tape to secure bowl before I had a vision of my determined girl with her bowl stuck to her fuzzy head.:D

How is she today? I'm sorry she hasn't been drinking. :( Sending her lots more vibes, and I hope she'll at least keep eating and pooping until she can see the vet on Monday. That's inconvenient that you couldn't go out to buy her a heavy bowl because you had such awful weather! Also, using duct tape to keep a bowl in place might not be a good idea, no, as your vision of it stuck to her fuzzy head would probably come true :lol:

She is still pooping lots and peed. I just changed litterbox to monitor output better. She did not drink and seemed to be in need of hydration. She got more fluids sub q and got medicam.
She seemed slightly worse, yet that may be my comparing different times of day.
We need more vibes.

We appreciate the vibes. I just gave her more Medicam. I cleaned her litterbox an hour and one-half ago and had lots of normal pee/poo. She just gave me fresh poo/pee so that is one plus.
She ate greens and wants more, though she already had many,many more than usual. She ate hay Sat evening too. Her not wanting pellets,nor drinking is not her normal behavior. She also seems less active and not herself.
Her nostrils were wet so started baytril which she had prescribed for two weeks in early feb before her spay. Her mouth was also wet, yet that was after she ate a few greens.

I think my bunnies know when vet is off for a three day weekend.

Sending love and mega high vibes [emoji173][emoji173][emoji173][emoji93][emoji93][emoji93][emoji93]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Back