• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Am I dealing with stasis?Willow has gone to heaven

I'm so sorry he has not gotten better :cry: treasure your time with him until tomorrow, I will be thinking of you both *hugs*

My thoughts are with you and Willow this morning Sarah. I hope Willow had a comfortable night. xx

I am thinking of you and Willow Sarah.
I know that you will do whatever is best for Willow.

Sending love and hugs from me and everyBun here

xx

Thank you so much for your lovely posts and kindness.Yesterday Willow was out in the garden running about but I only managed to get two dandelion leaves down him,I thought he had a chance.Just before i took him to the vets he started eating some very rough grass,he obviously knew what was best for him.
The vet said the abscess in his tummy was the size of a squash ball already and she couldn't believe he had so much fight in him.We decided to see how he was in the morning.When I got Willow home he ate some grass and basil,I also made him a syringe full of critical care which he loved.I have sat up most of the night with him and he has not moved so this morning I will be helping my beautiful bunny to the bridge.
I have been crying so hard and I know I shouldn't have let him see how upset I am.Willow has been pushing his nose Into me as If to say,I'm here to comfort you mum dont be upset.My brave kind big boy xxxxxxxx

Thank you so much for your lovely posts and kindness.Yesterday Willow was out in the garden running about but I only managed to get two dandelion leaves down him,I thought he had a chance.Just before i took him to the vets he started eating some very rough grass,he obviously knew what was best for him.
The vet said the abscess in his tummy was the size of a squash ball already and she couldn't believe he had so much fight in him.We decided to see how he was in the morning.When I got Willow home he ate some grass and basil,I also made him a syringe full of critical care which he loved.I have sat up most of the night with him and he has not moved so this morning I will be helping my beautiful bunny to the bridge.
I have been crying so hard and I know I shouldn't have let him see how upset I am.Willow has been pushing his nose Into me as If to say,I'm here to comfort you mum dont be upset.My brave kind big boy xxxxxxxx

Oh Sarah :cry:

Please give Willow a gentle nose-rub from me

I am so sorry this is happening :cry: :cry:

Sarah I hope that Willow passes peacefully to the bridge, I will be thinking of you both - I am just so, so sorry for your beautiful boy xxxx

OMG this is heartbreaking. Maizey i'm so so sorry to hear this. Please try and stay strong for you and your bunny. Why are things so unfair:(

My beautiful boy has gone.I have got in such a state my friend came with me to the vets.Willow is on the lawn and Blue is grooming him.Im going to bury him in his favourite spot in a little while.Thank you for all your kindness and support.Im broken hearted

Maisey, i'm so sorry. You did all you could. Probably nothing can ease the pain at the moment but just take care of yourself x Blue is still there waiting for your love.

Back