• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Am I dealing with stasis?Willow has gone to heaven

Maizey

Wise Old Thumper
I went to give blue his abx this morning and Willows tummy was making sounds like a hungry human.At dinner time Willow was lying flat out.I listened to his tum with the stethoscope and could hear nothing.I put him on a heat pad and gave him metacam and infacol+tummy rubs.He accepted some thyme,hawthorn leaves and cow parsley.When I came back from walking the dogs he was lying outside but seemed very listless.I put him back on the heat pad and gave him some tummy rubs and he ate a Litlle more from my hand.An hour ago I gave him1.2mls of zantac syrup and sat him on a heat pad.His tummy is know making the same sounds as this morning and Willow is growling at me,he is a very grumpy boy,so i take this to be a positive sign,he has also eaten some hey and dandelions.I have seen no poo yet.Does this sound like stasis,I have never had a stasis bun before?

Last edited:
I went to give blue his abx this morning and Willows tummy was making sounds like a hungry human.At dinner time Willow was lying flat out.I listened to his tum with the stethoscope and could hear nothing.I put him on a heat pad and gave him metacam and infacol+tummy rubs.He accepted some thyme,hawthorn leaves and cow parsley.When I came back from walking the dogs he was lying outside but seemed very listless.I put him back on the heat pad and gave him some tummy rubs and he ate a Litlle more from my hand.An hour ago I gave him1.2mls of zantac syrup and sat him on a heat pad.His tummy is know making the same sounds as this morning and Willow is growling at me,he is a very grumpy boy,he has also eaten some hey and dandelions.I have seen no poo yet.Does this sound like stasis,I have never had a stasis bun before?

It does Sarah and given Willows recent history I would really get him back to your Vet ASAP. My concern is that there *might* be a problem at the site of his recent gastric surgery.
I hope I am wrong but I really wouldn't delay getting him seen by your Vet.
Lots of vibes for him

xx

I wouldn't know for certain as when Sooty had it (twice) the first thing I noticed was her not eating.

Hope he gets well soon.

I hope he is okay - sending him lots of vibes.

The only experience I have to draw on is the loud tummy gurgling of bloat and the listless that came with it, I always take it as a bad sign nowadays, it brings back so many painful memories. I hope this is not the case for you and that he gets better x

It does Sarah and given Willows recent history I would really get him back to your Vet ASAP. My concern is that there *might* be a problem at the site of his recent gastric surgery.
I hope I am wrong but I really wouldn't delay getting him seen by your Vet.
Lots of vibes for him

xx

Thank you Jane,this is what I thought,I rang the emergency vets number earlier and the one on call was useless.My vet is on holiday next week.I will get him in tomorrow to see the other vet.He seems to have weakness in his back legs again.I'm praying the abscess isn't back.If It is I'm not going to put him through any more:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Thank you lily and tigerangel.I have just been out to check on Willow and he has jumped out his hey box and left a load of poos.Blue and Honey are lying either side of him.Hes still not that interested in food,which is so unlike him

Thank you Jane,this is what I thought,I rang the emergency vets number earlier and the one on call was useless.My vet is on holiday next week.I will get him in tomorrow to see the other vet.He seems to have weakness in his back legs again.I'm praying the abscess isn't back.If It is I'm not going to put him through any more:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I so hope it isn't back.
After all you have been through with him :cry:

xx

Thank you Jane.I just wish someone could find a cure for these beautiful giants.I have tried my absolute hardest:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I'm so sorry Willow isn't well, I hope he is ok & that his abscess isn't what is causing him to be poorly. Sending your special boy lots & lots of vibes & a big nose rub xxx

((((( Hugs for you too Sarah))))) Let us know how you go on tomorrow at the vets, take care xxx

Thank you so much everyone for caring.Willow has just eaten a couple of dandelion leaves but still has a gurgley tummy.I will let you know how we get on at the vets

I'm so sorry to hear that Willow is feeling poorly, Sarah. :( Best of luck at the vets today. xxxx

Back