• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alfie is a girl!!!!!!!!

Right well i took her to the vets and as i thought she's she!! Have emailed the breeder, she is annoyed i havent had her 'done' but shes a very small cat and has been slow to develop seeing as shes indoors i am not going to risk a GA until i am happy! I said i have no intention of breeding alfie is the only animal of mine that isnt a rescue :? am awaiting her reply. We have renamed her Crystal which my partner wanted and i wanted anyah but got outvoted!! :roll:

Yeh I know im trying to stay reasonable at the moment!! I will see what her response is and then i will be intouch with the gccf Im not sure where i stand exactly with this, and im just lucky shes gets on so well with betula that is the reason i got her. She is the irresponisble breeder that gave me the reg papers before i got her done!! I did think that was od but even then i would not have her doen before i thought she was ready, my animals health and safety comes before anything else and any regulations, i appreciate why they are there and of course agree with them but animals arent always predictable in the way they develop. I had my female bun done before she was supposed too because she matured quickly and that was the right safe time for her however waited with joey because again he was slow and im not risking them having problems because a piece of paper tells me they should be ready at that time. oooo makes me cross, I cant see how when i already have the reg papers that she can refuse to re-reg her until i have her done, she cant stay reg as a boy surely!! The vet said she is little for her age and has been slow to develop but is a healthy cat.

We bought Rubens as a boy, he wouldn't really let us look at him either. When we got to the vet to have him snipped the vet said " you do know that your little boy is a little girl don't you?" I was so shocked! We kept the name Rubens as that's what we were all used to and we still call her a him again because we got used to it.

Well this is her email response:

"Hi Lara,

Well what can I say! I've never heard of anything like this before in my 15 years of breeding and my vets and I have never wrongly sexed a cat before, especially by the age of 12 weeks.

I've spoken to the GCCF and as Alfie is on the non-active register there is not much point in re-registering her, however, if you still wish to and as you are the owner, you will need to send the pink slip back to them with a letter confirming this from your vet once she's spayed.

Kind regards
Diane"

erm i really am not satisfied with that, i didnt buy a pedigree cat for it not to be registered just because she wont be active i paid alot of money for her and that email is completely un-apologetic, i emailed her back saying im annoyed basically aaarrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

is she going to be a show cat? is that why you want her ped papers to be correct?

No she isnt, I want her papers to be correct just so i have them, at the end of the day this breeder sold me a kitten of the wrong sex and i expected an apology rather than a lecture. Just because i am not going to show or breed her doesnt mean i dont want her papers to be correct, its just a nice thing to have. Once I have her spayed I will re-register her.

After all you paid extra to prove she/he was a pedigree and see its parentage etc.. If you hadn't wanted it you wouldn't have paid the money. I fully get why you want to have it sorted.

BTW how much does Crystal weigh? I had Lucy (avatar) spayed at 15 months weighing 2.3kg, she was a tiny little thing. The vet nurse had to look at her teeth to know I wasn't lying.

Back