• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

After a hard party the night before.....

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
We decided to name new bun 'Alfred' - based on the following rationalle - Al from his previous adopted name of Alex (so he would be familiar with the first 2 letters) and 'Fred' because our rabbit sitter who organised the adoption, loved his DBF photos and said we should call him Fred after 'Drop dead Fred'. So we sat and decided to combine the two names to Alfred. Sounds a bit old fasioned but that's what we've registered him as with the insurance.
Anyway, We've been busy here - or at least I have. I bought Flo and Alfred one of those automatic food dispensers on a timer from work. We discovered Alfred gets the munchies around mid day and the food we leave them before we go to work just isn't enough - so I got one of those trixie automatic food dispensers. Tried it this morning and it works well. I let Alf and Flo out around 8am this morning so I could get on and do my cooking and cake baking (making cakes for my birthday today) and a host of other chores in the kitchen and Alf and Flo were out all morning. They came in around 1pm and now Flo has decided to start doing DBF's. I caught the pair of them at opposite ends of the table flopped out. Flo only has a few minutes nap time but Alf goes for it big time. So much so I took the following video for you all to enjoy. I would love to know what he is dreaming of because he was having a doozy....

We think he is settling in nicely now although he's not keen on strokies. We are taking him for a health MOT check on Tuesday to our vets where we can register him and we'll also get Flo health checked at the same time. Neither have any issues we know of but it would be nice to have the vet give them a thorough look over - a nail trim is probably in order.
We also went to the rescue centre yesterday to take some more donations I had bought for them as my way of thanking them. They had 2 beautiful little rescue buns in - and their story was so sad. One had to have his fur clipped right back as he was covered in poop when he was rescued - poor little fella. He looked so aprehensive but we know his life will now improve when he is adopted by someone who cares and loves him. We wish we could give them all homes but at the moment we can just cope with the two. It breaks my heart to see rabbits so in need of homes and who have had such poor starts to their lives. But the charity do amazing work and they will get that loving home they deserve.
Craig xx

Firstly Happy Birthday to you Craig ! :love: oh Alfred, I love that name and it suits him :D he's having a lovely dreamie isn't he, looks like he's nomming something. I've still got a little video of Treacle dreaming, her little legs looked like she was running :) enjoy your cake :D

Happiest of birthdays Craig! What a lovely video. He certainly looks very content in your home :love:

Well Happy Birthday To You, Craig, and Many Happy Returns! :D

I think Alfred suits your new gentleman to a T. I always think of Batman's butler when I hear that name and I'll bet this little man's a distinguished chappie. :thumb: I must say though, I've not seen a bun sleep so deeply in my life that you could come up on him and film that closely without waking. What are you putting in his tea? ;) :lol:
My rabbits were highly alert even when asleep so I never got footage like that. He really is quite mobile while catching those z's. :)

Now that Jenna's had two seizures you can imagine how closely I watch her dream states. She's often so far away with the fairies it scares me sometimes when she doesn't wake right away. However, if she isn't too deep down, even she knows when you're pointing a camera in her direction! :lol:

I empathize with wanting to save them all. Despite barely being able to keep up with my two dogs and cat, there isn't a day I don't miss my rabbits and wonder if I'll cope well with not having any pets when my current ones leave me. :( I find myself looking at my local shelter's website every once in awhile and I wish I could stop because I'd gladly take them all home were I a bit younger and better fixed financially. I'm glad you have a rescue who is so well equipped and compassionate enough to take in these little orphans and find them proper families. :love: Not everywhere is so fortunate.

Have a lovely day and enjoy lots of cake! :thumb: :D

Alf certainly is a chill bunny. Flo looks lovely too.
Have a lovely birthday today. Raven is celebrating his today too.
What flavor cake did you make?

Happy Birthday Craig :thumb:

Alfred is a lovely name. I hope their vet checks go well.

I like that - Alfred - what a well thought out name.

Wishing you a very happy birthday Craig :love:

Hope you had a good birthday. I love the name Alfred for a bunny!

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Back