• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Absolutely fuming.

It is a flat rate charge per consultation, steep though it might be :/ As they're the ones licenced to prescribe the medication they can charge a premium for the service.

Is there any way you can get some of the medication and keep it at your house incase it happens again, so you don't have to pay for the vet to do it? It might save on consultation fees.

I'd check with petplan too, I'm sure they do cover consultation fees in emergencies. :) Good luck

I have emailed my vet about having meds for stasis for an emergency situation. I'm waiting for a reply, but I'm sure they'll help any way they can. Luckily my vet has said he will confirm on a claim form that it was absolutely necessary to take Ted to the emergency vet so hopefully I'll get it back (minus £50).

id to take mine to an emergency vet 4wks ago -my bun had to have a toe amputated -it was £80 before i even got bun looked at then 25 for consultaion then the surgery on top of that. believe me -i was never so glad to pay it and the vet was fantastic. mind you eating beans on toast for the rest of the month :(

Back