• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A new life for Fern u/d post 38 today is the day!

Zoobec

Staff member
She’s been ‘ok’ on her own but it occurred to me that it might be a bit selfish of me to keep her like that when she could have a fantastic home with a friend. I’ve had less time to spend with her with Holly needing so much nursing, and since we lost her, Alfie our German shepherd has needed a lot more attention. He’s 12 himself, so he’s very old :cry: So that was why I couldn’t take on another bunny as a friend. Coupled with the fact I’ve had to work more hours. I’ve ended up trying to juggle everything and struggled.

I had a lightbulb moment when I was reading Liz47’s posts, I was so upset for her that she had lost both Bigwig and Jasmine :cry: I knew that she would be able to give Fern an amazing home, and I thought she might be looking for a friend for Jake. So I messaged her to tell her that it had dawned on me that I would be willing to let Fern go to her, if she was the kind of bunny she would be looking for, if she might be interested in trying to bond her with Jake.

It’s all been approved with BARC, we are synchronising diaries, and then I’ll be taking Fern to start a fantastic new chapter in her life with Liz and Jake :love:

We will be sad to see her go, and it’s not been an easy decision in that way, but I’m really excited for her future and I know that it’s the best thing for her :love:

Thankyou so much to Liz for agreeing to take her on :love::wave:

Last edited:
Oh that's lovely Zoobec, yes it must have been a very hard decision, but you've put Fern first. I really hope that it all works out well for her xx

A sensible and caring decision for Fern, but I'm sure for you it must have been tinged with a little sadness. I hope that all goes well with the bonding.

gosh, Fern is so cute, I hope she has many happy days with Liz. Bunnies so need friends imo.

That must have been a really hard decision, but she will have a wonderful new home to go to. Xx

Thank you so much for your kindness with Fern and we're really looking forward to having her and Jake having a friend again :love::love:

Aww, what a difficult decision but sounds like a good way forward. Fern is very lucky having two such lovely homes in her life, I hope she will be very happy in her new one!

What a kind decision, Zoobec, especially since I'm sure you'll miss her. It's wonderful that both Fern and Jake will have a chance at having a bonded friend again. :love:

What a kind decision, Zoobec, especially since I'm sure you'll miss her. It's wonderful that both Fern and Jake will have a chance at having a bonded friend again. :love:

Thankyou :love: yes, I’ll definitely miss her :cry: keeping pets sometimes involves making decisions that are best for them and this is definitely best for Fern and for Jake :love:

Back