• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A new hay for a new year

My guys have just been trying the ryegrass hay I got for the ponies as an emergency but it's too rich for them longterm - the buns seems to think it's amazing though! Be great if they like it, I can get 12kg compressed bags from the agri store on the way to work so a bit more convenient. Happy to send a handful if anyone wants to try it who can get it locally - it's M&T Haylage company ryegrass hay.

Very excited now, looks like they supply the agricultural merchants I go to. Thankyou for the offer of a sample :love: I’ve asked M&T directly for samples of the ryegrass (and all their other hays :lol:), as they offer them on their website :thumb:

Very excited now, looks like they supply the agricultural merchants I go to. Thankyou for the offer of a sample :love: I’ve asked M&T directly for samples of the ryegrass (and all their other hays :lol:), as they offer them on their website :thumb:

Oh fab! I wish I could get their other hays, but my store didn't realise there were different ones and are happy to order a pallet for me but not until they need a full wagonload, which won't be for some time. But the buns certainly like the ryegrass, and it's a big higher in energy and protein than meadow or timothy so I'm hoping it will help them through the winter and Freja's growth.

Oh fab! I wish I could get their other hays, but my store didn't realise there were different ones and are happy to order a pallet for me but not until they need a full wagonload, which won't be for some time. But the buns certainly like the ryegrass, and it's a big higher in energy and protein than meadow or timothy so I'm hoping it will help them through the winter and Freja's growth.

Thanks for the recommendation! I’ll let you know what Fern thinks of it.

Joey & Boo, hows the Etsy hay going down?

Thanks for the recommendation! I’ll let you know what Fern thinks of it.

Joey & Boo, hows the Etsy hay going down?

They are completely one trick ponies at the moment & will only eat timothyhay.co.uk 2018 soft brown hay:roll:

I'm very interested in giant bunny poo :lol: Does Freja make marbles?
This reminded me of a story Colonel Rich Graham told about flying the SR-71 Blackbird: he and his copilot that day were out clearing the runway of their California air base (Blackbirds were pretty sentitive aircraft, anything on the runway could damage them) and the copilot picked up these almost golf-ball sized golden balls. This was told at a lecture and me and Matt immediately knew what they were and pretty much started sniggering XD Some sort of jackrabbit poos XD

Hay cookies: mine love them but they only get them when it's dry because I put them in the run, I don't want to clean up the mess :lol: Matt cleans out the run because he can a.) reach easier and b.) puts most of the stuff in it. They're baked short strands of grass IMO. Mine do eat a lot of it, it's sweeter than hay (like readigrass, at least that smells sweeter than hay) but it's good enrichment, especially if I leave it in a daft place (in the turtle-box, under a log, halfway up the steps...).

Here's J&B poo referenced on pound coin. Photo is from last year but I'm still proud of their poops. I wish Mousey would poop better though

ZifMQjcl.jpg
[/IMG]

Included your photo for comparison - these are dark as they'd been out so eaten a lot of fresh food yesterday, the smaller ones are Odin, the bigger ones are Freja - she is normally bigger and paler when they've not been in the garden, but it's just fresh food diet poo I think that makes them so dark.

esyCUB2m.jpg

Last edited:

They do nationwide delivery apparently. They only supply my feed merchants with haylage not hay atm, he called me this morning about the samples. Lovely gentleman, very helpful. He seemed chuffed when I said that you’d recommended the hay on here :thumb:

Included your photo for comparison - these are dark as they'd been out so eaten a lot of fresh food yesterday, the smaller ones are Odin, the bigger ones are Freja - she is normally bigger and paler when they've not been in the garden, but it's just fresh food diet poo I think that makes them so dark.

esyCUB2m.jpg

Brilliant :love:

esyCUB2m.jpg

They are pretty impressive. Clever bunnies

esyCUB2m.jpg

I feel like these would have a nice grassy smell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.msandtjhaylage.com/
That’s the suppliers website, their stockists are on there. If you call them they will tell you what your local suppliers normally stock. If not they do nationwide delivery apparently. I’ve ordered a sample pack of hays, very excited for them to arrive:lol:

Thanks for this. I don't want to waste their money re: free sample. there are quite a few suppliers fairly near here. Mmmm...Let me know what Fern thinks though it doesn't sound like she is the fussiest :lol:

Can't say I have particularly sniffed them but just for you I will take a whiff tonight and report back :lol:

Thank you. Can you crack one open like a kinder egg so we can see if its a golden fibrous suprise or the juicy solid brown throughout please?

Last edited:
Back