• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A couple of videos of Bertie and Flo

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Here are a couple of videos of Bertie and Flo. One I took on saturday when the weather was lovely here. Excuse the lawn. The dirt holes are areas I excavated to remove nasty areas and I'm waiting for the grass to grow back. The garden is a state and needs work - time we don't have spare right now although we did hack some triffids down the other week. The fish pond - for any fish lovers, is an endless battle with algae and looks a state but have had pesky herons looking eagerly at the fish and I don't want any inadvertant wet bunnies - to be fair neither of them venture upwards (now) although both have done so when they first came.

The second video is from today. Weather isn't great and neither bun wanted to show off any moves or anything. It's cold and windy and horrible outside but as you can see both seem relatively happy out there.

Craig x

They are lovely rabbits :) Primroses aren't safe for bunnies to eat, but they didn't appear to be eating them on the video.

Lucky Rabbits! Do they eat the Primroses? Is Bertie feeling better now Craig?

Thank you Tonibun. Yes Bertie is very much back to normal. I do believe they nip off the primroses before they bloom. But as you can see there’s not much damage to the plants so it’s not something they eat a lot of. They largely chomp on the grass as it’s growing nicely now although both like to eat some of the other triffids. Jan likes sweet peas but attempts at growing them have been constantly thwarted. Apparently sweet peas are their favourites. They leave the dandelions alone when they grow but will eat them when human servants pick the leaves. My raspberry plant has taken a big hit too. We have brambles that come through from next door and they’ll sometimes eat the leaves on them.
Bertie is not and never will be a snuggle bun - as I found out to my cost last week but I had some strokie time this afternoon with him under the table. He accepts strokes on his terms when he’s relaxed. His fur is quite amazing - it is almost fluorescent in the light. I must take a close up of it one day to show everyone.
Both are now indoors as they been out since 4pm and the house is freezing - we keep the doors open and monitor them constantly.

I wouldn't let them eat Sweet Peas. The seeds are certainly poisonous and I suspect the stems also might be. Raspberry and Blackberry are very good plants for them.

Back