• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

7 of my 'on Borrowed Time' Rabbits Updated 13th July :-(

Thinking of you, Jane. You will make the right decision at the right time for Bobbie. I know it is so very hard. :(

I'm so sorry to hear Bobbie isn't doing well. She is a very brave and lovely old lady. You have given Bobbie everything she has needed and I'm sending vibes for you and her for whatever tomorrow brings xx

You always have my support, Jane. I so very much hope that things will improve for you and the bunnies. ((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))) xxxxx

As the night went on Bobbie's cheek got bigger and bigger, it was also alot more painful. It was obviously not an abscess, it was far to 'fluidy'. She is already on two different pain killers and abx. At at about 2am she had over 15ml of fluid/saliva drained from her cheek. The relief that gave her was instant. She hopped away and started to catch up on all the eating she missed yesterday.

The aspirate will be checked under a microscope this morning. This is what I think the problem may be-a-Salivary Mucocele and for Bobbie surgery is not an option

http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/d...mals/salivary_disorders_in_small_animals.html

As she is right now I do not think it is 'her time' yet. But I will be guided by C on that.

Oh she does look to be enjoying that grass :love: Poor thing. Thinking of you and your frail four, Jane: best wishes for the next few days.

So sorry, have only just read about Bobbie. Sending her massive healing vibes and gentle nose rubs. You must be exhausted, Jane. Xxx

Jane I just do not have the words :( I'm so very heartbroken for you and your rabbit family. I know it's little comfort right now but the fact they are all elderly buns is testament to your love, care & devotion.

Hugs to you & noserubs to your beautiful rabbits xx

Sorry to hear this Jane. It is heart breaking to battle with one poorly pet, let alone several so you have my deepest sympathies. Please remember though - these rabbits of yours have hit the jackpot - they have had the best care, love, veterinary treatment possible. They could not have better. :love:

As suspected Bobbie does have a mucocele. Given that surgery is not an option we are going to see how she copes with me aspirating the swelling, hopefully no more frequently than once a week. If this proves to be too much for her or if the mass fills up quickly meaning aspirating more than once a week is necessary I will have to let her go. She is too frail to cope with any invasive treatment and as previously mentioned we doubt that she would survive a GA :cry:

Back