• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

7 of my 'on Borrowed Time' Rabbits Updated 13th July :-(

Oh Jane, I'm so sorry that things are so dire for both Harry and Jo. :cry:
Praying for them both that they can be comfy and have more time together and with you. I know whatever happens their happiness is your main focus. I'm sorry it is so hard to face things like this. :cry:
On another note, um...is that...a brick Harry is leaning on? :shock: Does he find it comfy or is it just to help him rise from a lying position? I wonder if something like that would help my crooked little old man, Mimzy? I never thought of that as an aid before. (He certainly couldn't chuck it about.)

Topping up the vibes for this lovely pair. xxxxxxx

I'm so sorry you are going through this Jane and I'm sending lot's of Vibes for your beautiful bunnies
and hoping they all have more time with you.

Thinking of you and sending hugs xxxxxx

Dear Jane - I am so sorry to read this. I am sending loads of vibes for Harry and Jo especially - it seems so cruel when they are so happy together. I really hope the extra meds help and give them longer together and with you. I am continuing to think of you all very much xx

Adding my vibes for your bunnies. I'm struggling to care for one poorly bunny and I know how I feel going from 11 to 6 buns (finances mean I cannot adopt any more). Coping with the number of sick bunnies you have and the huge losses you have had in such a short space of time must be overwhelming.

Thinking of you and your furry family xxxx

Things are looking very bleak for Harry and Jo :cry: I doubt either will be with me this time next week :cry:

Jessica and Bobbie are not good either :cry:

Am I really going to have to let all 4 Rabbits go at the same time

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Millions and millions and millions of vibes, I really hope their situation improves a little, I know this must be too much too comprehend. Hugs xxx

Oh Jane, such desperately sad news :cry:

Thinking of you and your poorly bunnies and I do hope that a little miracle will happen for you.

(((((((((( hugs)))))))))) xxx

Jane im so so sorry to read this.Im sending all the vibes I can muster.This is an incredibly hard time for you.It does help enormously when you have a trusted vet-I know how that feels but it doesn't make losing bunnies any easier.Im thinking of you and hope everybun remains as comfortable as possible for as long as possible.xx

Lifting prayers for Harry, Jo, Jessica, Bobbie and You. ((((((((((Huge hugs))))))))))
I'm sorry you're faced with such a daunting situation. I wish I could take all the worry and hurt away for you, Jane xxxxxxx

I am 99.9% certain I will have to let Bobbie go tomorrow. She is 9-10 now, she has chronic respiratory tract disease, spondylosis which now means she 'sits' to urinate and wees all over her legs. So it's a constant battle against urine scald. Now she has a 'mass' in her right cheek. It does not feel like an abscess, it is not attached to any underlying bone, but it is fast growing. It feels like the Fibrosarcoma Uncle Albert had :cry: Today it is also causing her pain despite the fact she is already on Metacam and Tramadol for her spondylosis.

Given all her other problems and the fact that Bobbie gets very stressed with a lot of handling, which is already something of an issue due to the urine soiling, I do not think it would be in her best interests to subject her to surgery. With her frail over-all state and her respiratory tract disease I am not sure that she would even survive a GA. Even if she did then if the 'mass' is a Fibrosarcoma it will grow back quickly.

:cry:

So sorry to hear this. I know you will make the best decision in the interests of the bunny when necessary. Sending you lots of love and hugs and coping vibes xxx Bramble ( who had dental surgery this week for the first time aged 8, but is fine now) and Parsley send nose rubs.xxxx

Back