• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. N

Rabbit with dirty bum pulling hair out

Hiya, My rabbit has had a bit of a dirty bum recently not from poo just from wee. He then cleans himself up, but this time he has started to pull out some of his hair around his bum is this normal?? he is an indoor rabbit and is cleaned out every couple of days in his poo box - he is eating...
  2. N

messy bum

Hi, am wondering if anyone could give me some advise on what they think could be wrong with my little man. For the last 24 hours he has had a messy bum on his tail and around his back area. I have checked and cleaned him and it seems to be that he is leaking wee, but doesnt realise that it...
  3. N

Rabbit wont eat Hay

Hi All of a sudden my little man is not interested in his hay. He used to love it and would go through a hay rack per day - now he is just not interested at all. Any suggestions on what I can do? Or what types I should get him He eats ok and has dried food in the morning and greens in afternoon
  4. N

Rabbit being deliberatly norty

I am wondering if anyone can help me or give me some ideas. My lovely adorable bunny rabbit is being very norty today and its as if he knows he is doing it and then does it again and again and again. Smudge is an indoor rabbit and we have a litter box in there for him which he has always...
  5. N

Bunny is not himself

Hi, Have come home from work and my little man is just not himself. He is very quiet and is lying down in his corner of the the run. He was very lively yesterday and ate lots and lots and was running around and playing. I have fed him his greens tonight which normally dont take any time to go...
  6. N

Indoor Bunny always malting

Hi, I have a 3 year old dwarf lop and he is an indoor bunny, he is always malting - and not just talking a little bit - I brush him once per day and get loads of out him but he lies on his bed for an hour and its covered, he doesnt have any bald patches and is healthy. Is this normal? Can I...
  7. N

Toys or things to do

Hi everyone, My rabbit Smudge is now 2 1/2 years old - he is an indoor rabbit. Recently when we let him out he runs around for bout 20 mins and plays and then he just lies down in the corner or in the middle of the room - my thoughts are this would be ok if he was only out for an hour - but...
  8. N

Dirty Bum

Hi All, My rabbit Smudge is 2 1/2 years old now and he went through a stage of not eating. So I spoke to the vet and they suggested changing his diet. I have done this and now he seems to have a dirty bum. It just looks like he has had a runny bum and not cleaned himself properly - no...
  9. N

My Rabbit is limping - help pls

Morning Last night my rabbit was running around and then he stoppped and is lifting his front leg - i had a look at it and he didnt like it - so i put him back away to rest - this morning he still wont put pressure on it. He is still eating and drinking as much as before - what should I do?
  10. N

By Bun Is Scratching His Hutch All The Time? - Advice Please

Hello all, I have an in door rabbit Smudge and when first got him had sawdust in his house and he use to sit and scratch at it all the time, but dont they all. So asked the vet and she said put fleece in there and set up a litter box, so I did this and it has been great. HOWEVER Now Smudge...
  11. N

Post Op Advice- UPDATE

Hey guys n girls Well Smudge has just got back from the vets after being castrated. He seems very sad. Just sitting in his cage looking at me as if to say THANKS ALOT!!! What do I give him to eat as he doesnt seem interested, but the vet has said he MUST eat Any help on what to do would be...
  12. N

Help and advice with my little man please

hey guys n girls My lovely little man has come into sexual maturity and has been fine until now... He is getting a bit frisky and has tried to hump mine and my partners arms (poor thing *rabbit that is*). When he is out now he will run around me honking and will then poo around me and keeps...
  13. N

Doess My Bunny Need Castrating?

Hi Guys n Girls, Just a quick question, my little man has now grown in to a big rabbit, and his behaviour seems to have changed. He is still loving and gives cuddles, but he scratches at myself alot and likes to scratch everything in sight, i thought this might be because he wants to put his...
  14. N

Concerned about rabbit

My rabbit this morning is runny around like his usual self however he has not eaten his breakfast but has drunk alot and has re-arranged his hutch into what can only be described as like a nest but with the floor showing. Is he too hot?? or what could this be? and whats best to do for him...
  15. N

Rabbit Foods

Hey Just wanting some advice Smudge is now just over 4 months old, he has had fruit and veg since being a baby, although i only really give him brocoli and a tiny bit of carrot, but feel this is boring, what else can i give him? He has some pellets in the morning and a brocoli top and then its...
  16. N

Rabbit Runs Advice Please

We have an indoor rabbit (Smudge) and he doesnt get to run free all day as there is no way of shutting him off, so he remains in his cage which I dont think is fair and comes out at night and in morning. I want to get him a run, but have heard that you cant put them in run and then go out, is...
  17. N

Advice Please

As some of you may know Smudge hasnt been 100%, but took him to vets on Monday and they said his tummy felt ok and gave him his next injection cant remember what its called but its the one he has to have every year. Went down to him last night and he is really quiet and just sitting still...
  18. N

Update On Smudge

just got back from the vets he is doing very well. They even gave him his 2nd injection as he was running around and was happy. One thing Im not too sure on is I have been told to feed him more by one vet and to feed him less by another - not sure what to do. Also there was a lovely rabbit...
  19. N

Help & Advice Please

How much should I be feeding Smudge, he is 13 weeks old. At the moment I give him a small handful of pellets and a brocoli top and then small handful of p ellets at night. He always has hay and water available. but is this enough? Any advice would be great.
  20. N

Best Foods To Feed Young Rabbit

After having Smudge at the vets yesterday I dont want him getting ill again. What should I feed him and how much? As the vet said he is very small for 13 weeks. At the moment I give him pellets in the morning - just a small hand full, and then same at 7pm, plus he has two brocoli tops in the...
Back