• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Foods

nixxy83

Young Bun
Hey

Just wanting some advice Smudge is now just over 4 months old, he has had fruit and veg since being a baby, although i only really give him brocoli and a tiny bit of carrot, but feel this is boring, what else can i give him?

He has some pellets in the morning and a brocoli top and then its just hay and water, is this right?

Just want to give him the best.

DSC02071.jpg

Last edited:
I give my rabbits all sorts here are a few things i give.

Weatabix
Toast must be very hard good for the teeth
cabbage small amounts
broccoli
apple
pommegranit
radish
dandilion great cos it is free but don't get it from public places could have weed killer on i just pick it from the garden
clover small amounts as can cause wind
peapods
celery
hard pears
cauliflower
parsley
strwaberry

Aswell as Hay and mixed dried food

Wow didnt realise you could give all this to a rabbit, we dont have dandelions in our garden, but might see if mum does and get her to bring some

Is all this stuff o.k for them?

Aww such a cutie!

I also feed mine raspberrys Not much though as I'm not overly convinced the few in my garden are mine. But they add a bit of colour and are soft for his poor teeth which are really hurting.

I give my rabbits all sorts here are a few things i give.

Weatabix
Toast must be very hard good for the teeth
cabbage small amounts
broccoli
apple
pommegranit
radish
dandilion great cos it is free but don't get it from public places could have weed killer on i just pick it from the garden
clover small amounts as can cause wind
peapods
celery
hard pears
cauliflower
parsley
strwaberry

Aswell as Hay and mixed dried food

Weetabix and bread shouldn't really be fed to bunnies :)

The main veg I give to mine is spring greens, then they get various other green leafy veg varying it each day, occasionally a bit of carrot or fruit :)

:shock: DO NOT give your rabbits wheat cereals! Very likely to cause stomach upset as it feeds the 'bad' bacteria by being too high in carbs/sugar.

I never give mine fruit for the same reason - they just get boring but healthy food when they live with me :rolleyes:

You could introduce spring greens into his diet though - mine get a medium leaf of that, a small chunk of carrot and a small piece of brocolli every day.

If you decide to try spring greens, it will take about 2 weeks to introduce him to it, as it should do if you introduce any new food - be careful as well to only introduce one new food at a time - this is to give stomach 'good' bacteria a chance to build up sufficient to digest the new food.

On day one just give a postage stamp sized piece of greens, then none on day 2, so you can monitor his poo - a tiny bit again on day 3, and so on, slowly giving more until he has half a leaf after 2 weeks have gone by - don't rush it or you could cause serious tummy problems.

Weetabix and bread shouldn't really be fed to bunnies :)

The main veg I give to mine is spring greens, then they get various other green leafy veg varying it each day, occasionally a bit of carrot or fruit :)

I have always given mine very hard toast or weatabix and they adore toast but these should only be fed in small quantities.

Just build up what he likes bit by bit not in large doses as this could harm him.

I guess it is each to their own but mine have never had problems with toast/weetabix but this is only a treat not everyday thing

I have always given mine very hard toast or weatabix and they adore toast but these should only be fed in small quantities.

Just build up what he likes bit by bit not in large doses as this could harm him.

I guess it is each to their own but mine have never had problems with toast/weetabix but this is only a treat not everyday thing

I thought they shouldnt eat bread and definetly not breakfast cereals :D

All mine gets is hay, hay, hay, veg, fruit then pellets.

I have never gave any of my rabbits cereal or toast. :D

Back