• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Mervinius

Archie - odd breathing, but otherwise normal

Hi Everyone. Its been a long time since I've posted. Archie is now 8 and generally really healthy. We've noticed this week that his breathing is more noticeable. The speed is normal and he's not struggling to breathe. But it's causing his head to bob when he's at rest and I can see his body...
  2. Mervinius

Dried forage recommendations

Hey everyone. I've not been on here in a while. We've been buying dried forage from Hay Experts for years and we've tried hop to forage. I prefer that their stuff comes in paper bags and it seems fresher. But before I buy another batch of forage, can anyone recommend any other companies I...
  3. Mervinius

Feeeedddd meeee hooman.

Lady Pip is apparently starving...... if this doesn't work. She will jump on my chest and attack my glasses with her gummy mouth. [emoji1787]
  4. Mervinius

Rabbit weighing scales.

Hello, I want to buy some weighing scales for my teeny bunnies, so I can monitor their weight. It needs to be something flat, that i can hide under a towel and trick them into sitting on with some treats. Hahaha. There's no way my fidget buns will sit in anything with sloped sides. Any...
  5. Mervinius

New Pellets

https://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/cunipic-alpha-pro-grain-free-adult-rabbit-food-175kg Has anyone tried these? They look more like the ones I used to give Pip amd Archie.
  6. Mervinius

Pip has gas again

So we are back to Pip having gas. I've got to work today, so going to have to leave her at home. She's not eating! I just can't understand it. I think it must be the pellets although they've been fine for 5 months! I dont know if maybe they just swell too much in their teeny tummy [emoji848]...
  7. Mervinius

Haybox pellets has anyone tried?

Hello, Has anyone tried the haybox pellets? We moved Archie and Pip to Rosewoods Meadow Menu, because Beaphar Nature Rabbit got discontinued! Buns cabs tolerate excel and I am trying to avoid pellets with too much additives. Both has been very poorly in the last 2 weeks, with bad gas. This...
  8. Mervinius

Archie has bad gas. Not eating

Hello. It would appear Archie didn't want Pip to take all the limelight. He's had a gassy tummy since 10pm. He was still drinking and seemed perky so we left him until 3am then took him to ER vets. He's had metacam and gut stimulants. He's normally eating by now, but he's still very gassy. I...
  9. Mervinius

Pip has a gurgling tummy and not eating

Pip has had this before, but not for ages and not this bad. She ate dinner at 5.30pm. Noticed she didnt want treats later on. She did a few poops at 9pm. Her tummy is very loud, she was very wriggly and pressing her belly. Normally we can get her better on our own with some gentle tummy...
  10. Mervinius

Intermittent weepy eye

Archie had a watery eye a week ago Wed. Looked like he'd been crying. Within an hr it had dried up and his eye was fine until late Friday night. We noticed he was squinting and it was watery with a small bit of milky discharge. Saturday morning I woke up early and his eye looked perfectly...
  11. Mervinius

Cardboard maze up for grabs in Dorset

Hey, I don't think any of you live in Dorset? Archie and Pip are getting a very exciting delivery today and we won't have room for their cardboard maze anymore! They've not had it long, its had a few renovations from Archie, but it has loads of life left it in. Just too big for our lounge...
  12. Mervinius

Manor pet housing castles, what to choose?

I'm thinking of upgrading Archie and Pip's house to a castle or something similar from MPH. However there is so much choice I cant decide [emoji1787]. I think some of you have castles or houses from them. Do they actually play much in them and on the bridges etc or do they just sit in the...
  13. Mervinius

Lord Archie and Lady Pip thread.....Cuteness warning included

A few weeks ago someone suggested Lord Archibald Montgomery and Lady Pippin Hoppingsworth might like to have their own ongoing thread. I, their hooman slave suggested this to them, they have been pondering whilst Pip was recovering from her surgery. Their decision is...... Yes....can we get...
  14. Mervinius

Eek Pips eye looks funny

Just gone to check on the buns and Pips eye looks odd? Is it over grooming? It looks wet? Or is there something wrong? Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
  15. Mervinius

How to get a bun to take baytril....

Pip had her incisors removed today! She's doing really well and currently munching on some dried forage and seems her normal self. The vet changed her antibiotics to baytril, which I know is meant to be yukky. How do I get her to take it. I have to give her 2 doses a day for 5 days. They showed...
  16. Mervinius

I thought the Christmas tree was getting smaller [emoji848]

https://youtu.be/ftE3nqE2FLw This is a pine cut down from work, so I know its not been sprayed with chemicals and is safe to munch. Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
  17. Mervinius

Pellet food recommendations

Hello, After some recommendations of pellets for my monsters. They currently have Beaphar Nature Rabbit, which they love. However its getting harder to find and The Hay Experts say its now discontinued. Ahhhhhhh. They used to have Burgess Junior, but Pip had really bad gas problems and...
  18. Mervinius

Pips ripped out a huge piece of fur[emoji24]

I think Pip must be in pain with her teeth she's ripped a huge piece of fur off her right leg. [emoji24] she is booked in to see a new vet at 12 tomorrow. Hoping they will be able to do something and I won't have to rebook another appointment. It looks so sore and now I'm really worrying. Its...
  19. Mervinius

Incisor removal advice

Hey everyone, I'll try to keep this short I'm after a bit of advice. I've finally convinced my OH that Pip needs to have her incisors removed. They first went wonky in Feb and shes had many burrs since then and they sadly haven't straightened. Most of her dentals have been conscious, but...
  20. Mervinius

Spoilt buns....couldn't wait until Christmas [emoji38]

Soooo this was supposed to be a Christmas pressie, but I got so excited when it arrived. I ripped it open and the buns started helping set it up. [emoji2960] they finally have a "warren" of their own. Lord Archie and Lady Pip are truly spoilt, but I really don't care...
Back