• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. madisonjinx

To insure or not to insure

Hey all, Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are about insuring the buns. Just took my two new ones. These were my sister in law's buns until she couldn't look after them after the baby. Now Roger has had a sniffly nose before with her and was treated with antibiotics. I took him for his...
  2. madisonjinx

Quarantine advice please

Hi all, Just wanted to see people's thoughts on qurantine. Im about to have two rabbits from my sister in law as she hasn't got time for them atm. They are going to live in my utility room, my two buns have full run of rest of the house. The new buns aren't vaccinated and one of them has had...
  3. madisonjinx

Outdoor housing help please!!!

Hi all, Hoping for some help please, I have only ever had free range house bunnies (started about 20 years ago when it was very unusual!) and currently have my lovely couple. A family member is possibly looking to rehome her bunnies due to her having a new baby and I'm thinking about giving...
  4. madisonjinx

Timothy hay

I know a lot of people have mentioned the timothyhay.co.uk hay but my gosh is it wonderful! Buns have gone mad for it. So much so they are ignoring the ings hay they were so much in love with last month! It really is green and wonderful. Im thinking about trying some others though, just to...
  5. madisonjinx

Urine round bottom?

Hi all, this may be a bit of my paranoia settling in but just wanted to hear your thoughts... Probably twice now Bobby has brushed past me and I have noticed that there seems to be urine around his bottom still. Almost like he has a wee and let a bit drop onto his fur, not drenched just a...
  6. madisonjinx

Rabbit dental disease

Hi all, Not sure if this is the most appropriate section to put this in as it is more reference material but I found this on my vets website and thought it might have some interesting pointers for people interested in rabbit dental disease...
  7. madisonjinx

New Mr and Mrs

Hi all, I've recently got a little girl for my Bobby from a rescue, her name is Anika. The rescue did a great job with the initial bond and all seem quite well but I'm still hoping for some pointers. Bobby is/was a free range bunny, since they returned from their bonding I penned off part of...
  8. madisonjinx

Help please! grow your own lettuce advice

Hi all, After my success with supermarket brought basil mint and parsley I thought I would try growing my own veg. Being late in the year I have cheated and brought tiny plants from B&Q. I got some gaillarde lettuce, apparently a red type. Ive tried googling it but can't find an information on...
  9. madisonjinx

Feel horrid, Bobby opened up his castration stitches

I feel absolutely horrid at the moment, Bobby went in for his neuter on Wednesday and it was such a relief to get him home fine and see him eating. However today on his two day check up the vet saw that he had bitten open one of the suture sites. I can't believe that I never picked up on this...
  10. madisonjinx

Meet Bobby!

Hi everyone, I have been a lurker here for quite awhile trying to soak up as much information as possible, it's like every question I have ever had about rabbits has been answered on here! So thank you to everyone for making such a helpful and friendly forum. I had a house rabbit when I was...
Back