• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Urine round bottom?

madisonjinx

Young Bun
Hi all,

this may be a bit of my paranoia settling in but just wanted to hear your thoughts...

Probably twice now Bobby has brushed past me and I have noticed that there seems to be urine around his bottom still. Almost like he has a wee and let a bit drop onto his fur, not drenched just a spot of water. He is a house bunny who is litter trained so not like he lives in a filthy wet hutch. I'm just wondering if it is a possible sign of a urinary infection? other than that he is fine, he and his wifey seem to drink loads of water but they are constantly eating hay so I haven't been too concerned with that.

The only down side is that Bobby does not let me pick him up so I can have a good look for his bottom, it's defo a two man job so i need to get my husband to help with this. I do a bottom check everyday, he allows me to touch him all over so i can feel for any problems, he just likes all four feet firmly on the ground!!

As a side note he was neutered in July and he is 7 months old.

Any sign of urinary incontinence is abnormal. even in the absence of any other obvious symptoms. So I would advise you to get him checked over by your Vet, if nothing else it will put your mind at rest :)

Back