• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. S

Rabbit Awareness Week in Tonbridge

Hi :wave: A bit of shameless plugging here :oops::D But i work at in Tonbridge and am hosting Rabbit Awareness Week next week. It isnt technically until the week after, but i am leaving my job at the end of next week and as i'm the only one who rallies for RAW each year we decided to move it a...
  2. S

Bella-Trix

BellaTrix, only 11 months old, had to be put down last week. I noticed in the morning that she hadnt moved from the previous evening and all the other rabbits were huddled round her trying to keep her warm. i took her straight to vets where they said her stomach was the size of a large orange...
  3. S

Any rabbits out there with kidney failure?

Just wondering as my Mopsey is a 5year old, and in the past few months she has been drinking excessivley. Between her and her friend they are getting through a 1.1litre bottle every day. today it took her 5hours to drink 800mls! :shock: i took her to vets this morning and we have taken blood...
  4. S

advice on rabbit and on trinity vet-maidstone

hi, i havnt been here for a long time, but i remember a lot of members are clients of trinity vets in maidstone, and i have a small dilemma. i am a trainee evt nurse in tonbridge and for the past 2 years i have been taking my rabbits to work t get treated. they were previously at pennards...
  5. S

yellow teeth

My Neville ( 3year old english self) had recently got yellow teeth, they used to white and shimmery, but have turned a rather gross colour if yellow. im not sure how recent it is, it has at least happened in the last year, i dont remember his teeth being yellow back in may when he went to vets...
  6. S

possibly a behavoiur issue. problems with poo-ing

having some troubles with hyzie,bolly,maurice and their POO!!! basically they like to chew and hide their food bowls. so 2 weeks ago i bought some touch bowls and screwed them to the floor of the hutch, mainly to stop them pushing it out in the rain and their food getting soaked. This has...
  7. S

Hay-how much?

at the moment the furry beasts get a huge bowl crammed with herbage, a handful of pellets and a hay rack of hay once a day. if i was to cut out the herbage completly and just feed them hay how much should it be? the bowl of herbage at th moment lasts them all day, but is thre a nutritionaly...
  8. S

my guys

So after loosing alot of my bunnies recently, decided to have some quality time with those remaining. which means cleaning out, feeding, spoiling and piccies! :D so here they are. First off Mospey and Neville. who in a coupld of weeks will be getting there run extended and a stack of new toys:)...
  9. S

Lupin

It seems like i live at the Rainbow bridge these days :( Lupin went in to be spayed today, and it all went horribly wrong i was the assisting nurse. it turns out that she aspirated a lot of faecal matter. by the time we were able to clear the trachea she was gone. I feel terrible. i only had...
  10. S

introducing

Nevilles long lost daughter.... Lupin:biggrin: She arrived today after her owners couldnt keep her anymore (apparently she savaged the husbands hand :oops:) she is very nervous and a little porky, and i clipped some VERY long claws. but apart from that she seems ok, she has settled in the run...
  11. S

Sherpa, my most handsome bunny

I had to say goodbye to Sherpa today. For those of you that dont know, he had suffered from spinal arthritis, possible kidney issues, dental nightmares and pasturella. After his last GA i vowed not to put him through another one. He was also the last surviving rabbit that i owned with my...
  12. S

breathing funny

ok, so i know im probably being completley paranoid but Sherpa is breathing funny. he isnt distressed or hot as his cage is constantly in the shade now but iv just been watching him and he is breathing quite deeply-i wouldnt go far as saying it was laboured. it just seems that when he breathes...
  13. S

Maisy, my little sweetheart

i had to have Maisy put down today She was completley incontinent and just wee'd everywhere, she was really damp as her hind limb weakness meant she couldnt wash properly. Her pasturella got worse, and her breathing got really bad. she was squeeking and her chest was all crackly. finally she...
  14. S

re-bonding a success

Check out my lovely bunnies, its like they were never seperated :D (just to update, Maurice was seperated for a month while he has E.cuniculi) Bolly is the Lop, Maurice is the English spot and Hyzie is the black not-quite-mader-her-mind-up-on-the-ears! :lol: Hyzie still has severe...
  15. S

vibes for Sherpa, teeth and all sorts of issues

i hope this is in the right section? sorry if it isnt. i just need some Vibes for my old boy Sherpa. a quick history, last november he had xrays as his tear ducts were constantly watering. we didnt find a reason bit we did see th state of his teeth. his lower incisors have stopped growing...
  16. S

Happy Birthday Sherpa

My Sherpa turned 9 on the 25th(well he has been with me 9years). he has been through alot the past few years, he has arthritis in his spine, he is a pateruella carrier and constantly suffering with runny eyes-his tear ducts have complelty blocked and the vets cant figure out why(nothing on...
  17. S

My Guys

just to introduce them all :D excuse the poop. most photo's are taken whan im halfway through cleaning out! Firstly is Maurice. he is just recovering from E.Cuniculi, came off the pancaur this week :D he is 11 months and such a sweetie This is Bolly. She is 10month old, and all ears! and...
  18. S

Good Morning!

Hello My names Amelia and i have 7 rabbits and 2 cats. i have had rabbits since i was 8 years old. me and mum built up quite a collection, at one point we had 29 :D at the moment 7 is enough for me :) i am a trainee vet nurse in my 2nd year and will taking big scary exams in november. thats...
Back