• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lupin

Sherpa

Warren Scout
It seems like i live at the Rainbow bridge these days :(

Lupin went in to be spayed today, and it all went horribly wrong
i was the assisting nurse. it turns out that she aspirated a lot of faecal matter. by the time we were able to clear the trachea she was gone.
I feel terrible. i only had her a week and a half but i feel so bad. she would have lived longer if it wasnt for me.
The vet and me triend our best and the vet especially pulled out al the stops. but it was all too later.
Binky free Lupin. im sorry.

I'm so sorry she didn't survive.
Bunnies need to be speyed inspite of the risk that occasionally it will go wrong. You did your best for the health of Lupin and that is whats important.

thanks, i think it feels worse as i was the assisting nurse. although in a way im glad i was, as i know we did everything we could. i think if i wasnt there i would have had more doubts.
i dont regret the decision to book her in, it needed to be done, especially as i was going to bond her. and i knew the risks.
you just never think its going to happen to you :(

I'm so sorry.:( You were doing the right thing for Lupin, just so unlucky to be one of the cases where the op causes a problem. Binky free Lupin.

Back